Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr.Keane, I know what you are saying when you want to

Dear Dr.Keane, I know what you are saying when you want to see me out of my comfort zone a bit. It’s fair enough. I know that in what I do now for work I allowed myself to get comfortable. I used to put myself forward for other things as well and used to think I could do this or that. I’d almost always have a plan and go with it and if it didn’t work out the first time I’d try to find another way to keep things moving on. It pains me a bit to say this but slowly but surely I think at some point (can’t think exactly when just now, it was quite a while ago and before talking to you), part of me did start to really give up as I became more discouraged. I have been delving a bit deeper into the blog idea and saving useful sounding info and websites into “favourites list” for reference, even though I have a slight fear of failure, but then at the same time I am starting to think, well if it doesn’t work out then I wouldn’t have lost too much in trying. It would be quite nice if it did work out and also then I’d have something positive to tell you. It helps a lot having your guidance and support so I think that maybe I might not end up talking myself out of it….You said that I needed to be less taut and I know you are right. I know I also have to be less self-defensive at times too and less anxious, which I can at times this week feel building again, but doing all I can to prevent it getting to the stage of what it was when it was really intense before as I know how it only serves to slow me down in getting things done and also makes me want to withdraw, which wouldn't be good because I've been making some new friends (something I didn't think I could do before talking with you) and of course cannot allow work to suffer.. I know that you sometimes say that I should see someone face-to-face but I still don't think I can do that, besides I feel what you offer me helps and I feel comfortable chatting with you and I don't think I would with anyone else. I realise you are pretty busy there but hope you get this as I'd like to know your views on me and the post. I hope you had a good weekend and are having a good day. Thanks also for your post and I did post yesterday again then I noticed you did make it back online, but perhaps you already had a busy enough day by then or my post got lost.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, I only saw one posting about your mum yesterday. However, this "insight" and thinking you are doing is great. I like that you can tell yourself you won't fall apart if something doesn't work, and going into it with a positive attitude, knowing there will be ups and downs as you establish yourself can help you overcome those "failure" fears!! You can do it, keep adding information, keep reading other blogs and find a niche for yourself.

Customer:

Hi

Dr.Keane :

I have been busy this week and it's only going to get busier so I won't be on very often.

Dr.Keane :

Hi

Dr.Keane :

can't stay but wanted to answer your posting, you sound good

Customer:

I don't feel too good today though

Dr.Keane :

sick?

Customer:

too much anxiety been at play, but yes they are all my thoughts as I've been trying to fight off the anxiety.

Dr.Keane :

are you at work?

Customer:

Not yet

Dr.Keane :

actually I'm not surprised and think we spoke about this before, it could be the "let down" after a very hectic month of January.

Dr.Keane :

Are you exercising at all? doing a lot of walking? that would help

Customer:

that could have funny results, entertaining the kids on way home and typing to you...(not a library day you see)

Dr.Keane :

get those cd's on and listen to them too

Customer:

I have been doing walking as there are some really nice places.

Dr.Keane :

not just a leisurely stroll and good walk at a good pace!

Customer:

I do walk at quite a pace.

Dr.Keane :

I should take my own advice! I tend to stroll

Customer:

do you have nice places to walk?

Dr.Keane :

I have to go ...have a meeting and haven't let the house yet......I'll check back later

Dr.Keane :

yes, lots of them.....

Customer:

okay, oh me too. Work to be done.

Customer:

That's nice

Dr.Keane :

be back later...

Customer:

I can only after 8pm my time

Customer:

actually in saying that I can be back also about 3:45pm my time until 5:30pm but then I'd have to go. Got a meeting tonight.

Customer:

I hope though that you can return and write whatever your thoughts are. I understand that you aren't going to be on very often but are you still going to be able to get posts when you are on aren't you?

Customer:

I know you are going to be even busier with work but you are going to still be able to get my posts when you are online aren't you? Sorry, just a bit worried incase you don't. I also want to say that the balance between giving up and not can be hard at times. I like the fact that you seem to think there's a niche for me. I'd like to think so. I mean I know I'm not totally useless, even though it feels like that sometimes. I, like my previous post said, am also trying to think of the positives and really trying not to give up. Sorry, just feeling all a bit, well, not great today, just a bit down, but what I've written in the main part of my post are my main thoughts....anyway I would like to know more of your thoughts.

Customer:

sorry, typo earlier instead of previous post, supposed to say this post. I am very glad you made a response when you did, I didn't know really what to make of my thoughts at all. I think the more things I don't totally succeed at though, the more I do fear that I might just fall apart, but apart from that then yes I can have a positive attitude at times, although I know it can wane.

Customer:

I think I will try to gather as much information and start with one sort of blog and see if it works. Lots rely on people clicking on ads to generate an income, at least to begin with, other ways are harder to get into, at least to begin with, so I guess I just need to try it out, once I've decided on a subject and looked into a few more parts.....I know you are busy and getting busier for you for awhile or from now on but is it still going to be possible for me to send you posts and for you to respond to them? I value your support and guidance a lot and I know that it helps a lot. I equally don't want to be asking anyone else for that, well I mean I just wouldn't ask anyone else.

Customer:

Anyway got a meeting too but then I know that if you do see my post I'll get your response when I do return. I hope your meeting went well. I have also worked out that inbetween some shifts I can write a blog (that's why I wasn't at work before when we chatted is work is in blocks during the day, once kids at school, that's it until hometime).

Customer:

At the moment I work on things for my voluntary work inbetween work or I write and do the chores that need doing.

Customer:

Thank you for wanting to answer my post even though you were busy.

Customer:

and going to a meeting yourself

Customer:

Well I hope you manage to return

Customer:

to my posts.

Customer:

Feeling a bit more positive than I was doing, I had a good meeting, plenty of support, still have some of those anxious type feelings though. I also am a bit anxious that now you are so busy, are you still going to have a little time to check JA?

Customer:

Dear Dr. Keane, I know you are going to be even busier with work but you are going to still be able to get my posts when you are online aren't you? Sorry, just a bit worried incase you don't. I also want to say that the balance between giving up and not can be hard at times. I like the fact that you seem to think there's a niche for me. I'd like to think so. I, like my previous post said, am also trying to think of the positives and really trying not to give up. What I've written in the chat post you saw before are my main thoughts....anyway I would like to know more of your thoughts. I am very glad you made a response when you did, I didn't know really what to make of my thoughts at all. I think the more things I don't totally succeed at though, the more I do fear falling apart, but apart from that then yes I can have a positive attitude at times, although I know it can wane. I have also worked out that inbetween some shifts I can write a blog (that's why I wasn't at work before when we chatted is work is in blocks during the day. I know you are busy and getting busier for awhile or from now on but is it still going to be possible for me to send you posts and for you to respond to them? Feeling a bit more positive than I was doing, our quick chat earlier helped a bit and I had a good meeting, plenty of support for what I wanted to be doing, still have some of those anxious type feelings though. Do you think that it's because it does take time to sort out all these feelings that sometimes I can have good thoughts but still feel a bit down or anxious. I also am a bit anxious that now you are so busy, are you still going to have a little time to check JA? I value your support and guidance a lot and I know that it helps a lot. I equally don't want to be asking anyone else for that, well I mean I just wouldn't ask anyone else. I hope your meeting went well.

Dr.Keane :

I will get your posts, don't worry, may not be able to answer right away but I will get them and respond. Just a busy period of time at work. I see your anxiety in the post today, try to manage that, you have the tools, you'll get there, one step at a time. Just try and focus on what you want, stepping out of your comfort zone will produce anxiety (could that be part of this anxiety?), you have to expect it but it is what will make you grow.

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.