Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Why is it I have schizophrenia but dont feel like doing nothing

Customer Question

Why is it I have schizophrenia but don't feel like doing nothing and taking action and not patient because been like this for over 20 years so my whole entire life just feel not getting anywhere?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Your diagnosis of schizophrenia may have made you feel hopeless as far as getting better. It is a biogenetic condition and not something that goes away but can be treated just like other conditions with medication. What you feel and believe can also be related to feelings of depression because disorders can coexist.

The more you feel down the more you find yourself stuck. As a result of it, you may not feel like doing anything both for yourself and to manage the symptoms such as taking medication.

Sometimes you'd have to remind yourself that you're doing the best you can with the resources that you're given. Patience is something you can allow yourself to feel. You're yourselves best advocate and it is up to you to stay on track even when you feel disappointed about the results or feel like you don't want to do anything and just give up.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Your diagnosis of schizophrenia may have made you feel hopeless as far as getting better. It is a biogenetic condition (the brain is producing too much dopamine) and not something that goes away but can be treated just like other conditions with medication. What you feel and believe can also be related to feelings of depression because disorders can coexist.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I take medication but been like taking it for 7 years now since i was 18 still not better can't go out properly like to stay at home even though my support workers tell me to go out and Doctor for my schizophrenia. My patience used to be good until during the time i got ill. Just feel everybody is against me and laughing about me and making fun or bullying me like last Sunday, don't understand people properly to know if they are being good or bad to me. That's what's about me now and since i was really ill and started taking medication but there are other stuff but too much to say here. The therapies don't help when i did it in the past and now. That's why I asked that question not sure what you recommend or think now?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

What you feel corresponds to your condition. You'd want to force yourself to go to the doctor or work with the therapist even when a part of you does not want to. That part is the illness trying to take over you. Medications can work to an extent and at times your doctor may even change them. As far as not knowing if others are genuine or you feel that they're making fur of you, try to remind yourself to stay neutral and unless someone is directly saying something to your face that is negative, remember that the schizophrenia can make you perceive things in a distorted way some of the time.

You may want to wear a bracelet or something that would remind you to stay neutral. People are generally good. You'd want to start getting out of your house more. Isolating is not healthy. If there is someone that you like or trust that can go out with you once in a while, ask them to do so and to insist that you go out even when you feel low and not in the mood. You're dealing with a condition that is trying to take over your life and your personality and your goal is to push yourself to take your medication and do the things that you know are good and healthy for you.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My old doctor not the one now but didn't know when I had my mental illness is it possible i could have had it since I was born or very young a child? because my concentration and memory and motivation wasn't that good when I used to go to the first school and the second school, after that til 16 and thinking there was 2 sides to me i think, after i saw a tv series about someone who had that problem. I didn't feel like doing anything in my life since i was very young to now, just thought of playing computer games and relaxing or doing nothing still feel better now but similar and couldn't study properly and lose focus or concentration and forget things easily and had bad thoughts in my head because I have OCD also.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Schizophrenia is generally diagnosed in someone's early 20's. As far as if it is possible to have a genetic predisposition to the illness form birth, it is possible. The condition is not something you've caused; it is just how the brain is functioning. Your life before the symptoms manifested/increased can look like a different life. That is not unusual because you may have been doing better and feeling better at some point in the past. Of course, even though you've gotten the diagnosis, you can still manage the illness with treatment. Not feeling like doing anything or having poor concentration can all be as a result of your condition(s).
That is why it's important to stay on top of it with medication and therapy. If you do not feel much better with this medication, you'd want to report it to your doctor and discuss other medications/options. If you do not report everything to the doctor, he'd not know what is going on exactly and assume you're doing ok. There is nothing shameful to talk about your symptoms with the doctor as that is how they make their decision of how to properly treat/help you.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what vitamins can I take to balance my mental illness?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

You may actually look into Pregnenolone (it's a hormone) and it had been researched for treatment of schizophrenia.

http://insciences.org/article.php?article_id=3948

You can purchase it online or at your local health store.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible i could be still lazy and been lazy in the past since i was very young also because my dad's a lazy person even to now?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
It is possible to feel unmotivated. You also would have wanted to see results of what you've done in the past in order to be motivated to do things in the present and future. If you did not experience any positive feedback or results, then your motivation can be low. You call it being lazy.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When you say i call it being lazy you mean it is being lazy?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Yes, lazy=unmotivated. I just like the word unmotivated more.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does the Pregnenolone pills or capsules cure my mental illness and can it be taken with other medications and what things does it help with other than my mental illness?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

The pregnenolone is a hormone and not a psychotropic medication. It can be taken with other pills and you'd want to let you doctor be aware of you taking it so they can monitor your progress. Besides mental illness it helps with energy levels, building muscle, alleviates depression. It had shown to be effective in treating schizophrenia. You may want to read some of the research on it to become more familiar with it.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I saw also it helps with memory or concentration does it?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it does help for memory/concentration issues.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I do something and try to focus i get side tracked or disturbed with other things when i use the pc, because am mainly on my pc and many things come to my mind and end up not getting things done, but do still do go out with my support worker twice a week. Is this normal or is it my mental illness?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
It is normal to get distracted especially if you're doing more than one thing at a time. Mental illness can also affect one's concentration as in cases of ADD and depression. Even your OCD can get in the way if you're more focused on one thing repetitively and therefore miss to take care of other things. All of these are factors that would affect memory/concentration. You may see if there are days where you're more focused on things and more productive and if there are other days when you're more easily distracted. Also, sleep disorders (disrupted sleep) can also affect your memory/concentration. It happens to a lot of people. If you have some days better than others, it may be such factors affecting your memory/concentration rather than a disorder. It would be difficult to rule one out as all of these can affect you at the same time.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My family said to me also i've been lazy all my life that i can't be bothered that my mental illness isn't an excuse say am lazy like my father like i said before and my mother said never going to get better because am still not well been 7 years now but i have been on the same medication from the old doctor for about 7 years now, my new Doctor wants to change my medication this month. What do you think and recommend?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

If you have not felt better with this medication, exploring a different one with your doctor is a good idea. Try not to take in every comment people make to you about being lazy. People do not know what you're experiencing/going through and they can't identify with different mental conditions that can rob one of wanting to do things. Anhedonia is something that can affect your behavior and motivation level as well as whether or not you start or even carry to completion certain projects. http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/special_reports/depression/anhedonia.htm

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My great grandad took opean the one they had in Hong Kong during the war around near within 100 or less or more years ago you know that one, that was a form of drug or not as bad as now but he took it. Do you think it might have affected my mental illness because my dad and his brothers and sister are a bit weird and so is my grandad they don't know how to respect people and they shout at people the ones they know and don't know how to teach people and got all moody all of a sudden over something small or act crazy?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
It may not be so much the opium affecting your health through your granddad's use of it. Rather, schizophrenia and other mental health conditions can run in the family and if you notice others in your family that are having issues, it is most likely because of genetics. Some people are also rude without having to have a mental illness and can be moody all of a sudden when things don't go their way. Moodiness is also encountered in those with mood disorders ex: bipolar. Try not to personalize what they say to you because only you know yourself the best.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well my dad's side of family act weird is all i can say they do all these different habits of strange stuff and copy each other bad stuff and my dad and his brother are lazy and didn't work properly in the past with there business and my dad doesn't listen to anyone now even his mother and father too stubborn. What do you think and have to say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi did you get my last message?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
I was off line. Their behavior can be affected by both a mental health condition as well as personality traits. People usually do stuff when it serves them a purpose (whatever that is) For example, if your dad is not listening to others, it may be because he does not like to be told what to do, or he thinks that he knows what's best. If others in your family seem to copy each others behavior it is generally because they want to be liked by those they are copying or because they can't make up their own mind. Anyone can be lazy as well as have other issues like depression, which will rob them of motivation and energy.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's fine you was offline. My reaction isn't fast or normal some times before was slow all the time or most of the time does my mental illness affect my reactions?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Yes, mental illness can affect your reactions. Some individuals exhibit psychomotor retardation or agitation and what you're reporting changes such as slowing down in your reaction time. Medications can help with these symptoms and when you see your doctor, you may ask him to evaluate you for depressive symptoms as that condition can coexist with your diagnosis of schizophrenia. In that case, antidepressant medication may be added. Even though you've felt that your life is not getting anywhere, that feeling is largely due to your condition. With proper treatment you may start to feel much better and find yourself more productive or interested in doing different things. That is why not giving up treatment and staying consistent with it is so important.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I take antidepressants for my OCD also but not for my mental illness no antideressants. Would I need to take it including the other 2 medications i am currently taking now for my OCD and mental illness?

Is olanzapine and fluoxetine medication any good?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the medications you're on should be helping with the OCD and mood. Of course, if you do not feel that the medication is working, the doc most likely will change it or up the dosages. That is very common when working with psychotropic medication because different people respond to the same medication uniquely. What works for one person may not work for another. As long as you discuss your concern and lack of progress with these medications, there should be no problem of the doctor and you looking into other options. Just make sure that you go to your next appointment and bring these concerns to his attention. You can write down what are some of the things you're experiencing and struggling with like the slowed reaction time, the social isolation, the lack of motivation and your mood as well as being easily distracted.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My father has some problems with him like some kind of illnesses because he always checks the bottom of the bag carefully and doesn't like the rubbish being throwed away he has to throw it away himself to double check nothing is left behind do you think he's got some kind of illnesses that would have made me have OCD and my mental illness?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
If he constantly has to check things such as the garbage bag, then that seems like a compulsion found in those with OCD. It is possible for that to run in the family and for you to also have it.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But you wouldn't say he has a mental illness that affected me?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Only if he treated you badly because of his mental illness. The way you were parented will affect you in some way. Since mental health conditions can run in the family, if he has OCD it is possible that you have it as well. The same with the schizophrenia because this condition is found to run in the family.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well no one in my family has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. But i didn't have a lot of contact my father until he sold his business when i was 16 but couldn't stand him more and more right to the present day now. My mum treated me well more than my father but he brought stuff i wanted and like i said before he shouts at people doesn't know how to teach them and hits people if they don't listen and doesn't know how to respect people, cares for someone but doesn't show it out inside he does. Not sure what you have to say and think?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
It seems that your dad was quite authoritarian and non demonstrative. Some individuals raise their kids the same way they have been raised. And some people make the wrong choices regardless of whether or not they have a mental condition. There area also those who never get diagnosed so it makes you wonder. Of course, you know that both nurture and nature contribute to a person's development and who they are. Now that you're an adult, you make your own choices about how you want to live your life. There would ups and downs like in anyone's life and as long as you do your best to take care of yourself and your health, you're doing the right thing.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean by?: There area also those who never get diagnosed so it makes you wonder.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Some people don't get a diagnosis since they don't see a doctor but could have a disorder. That could have been the case with your dad. Of course that is only a guess.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it my memory is getting worser is it because i've been going to sleep late most of the time getting to sleep after 12 midnight this year my memory was bad and is bad this year?

Why is my concentration and memory still not improved after all these years of taking 2 types of medication?

When I was young to now sometimes i see big things at night looking around my bedroom when i get up or try to go to sleep and i have to refocus otherwise i don't feel well have to get back to normal state and when I was young had to go to the bathroom and turn the light on and refocus otherwise i would get scared?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Definitely your sleep when poor can affect your memory and concentration during the day. It would also affect your energy level. The medications may not be addressing the sleep problem. You may want to rule a sleep disorder by having a sleep study done by a neurologist. Then you'd know for sure what is going on such as sleep apnea or REM sleep disorder.

When you were young you may have perceived certain shadows or images as scary because children's imagination can run wild. As an adult, different things can cause that such as the schizophrenia in visual hallucinations or something called hypnogogic hallucination (this latter one is not connected to a mental health disorder but is due to how the brain works) and is not uncommon.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So when you said this you mean it isn't my mental illness?:

Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Most likely when you were experiencing these as a kid during bed time, these may have not necessarily been the illness of schizophrenia because it is diagnosed later in life. Also, these were taking place at night rather than all of the time and hallucinations are not really selective (they can take place at any time)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So would Pregnenolone really help me on it's own or would i need to carry on taking my medication with the Pregnenolone?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
You may use both the pregnenolone and the medication together for optimum results. It may take several weeks with the pregnenolone to feel a difference. You can start with a smaller dosage such as 20mg and move to 50mg the second month taking one tablet daily in the morning.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Mum keeps saying am being lazy because someone on a tv series on a Hong Kong one, they have a mental illness similar to mine or worser that can't control themselves and takes medication, but there still hard working and got a good job in the end at a lawyers place. Also she says this blind person is hard working on the same channel Hong Kong and they succeeded in the end got a good education at University level and looked after herself. Not sure what you think and suggest?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
I suggested earlier that you do not pay too much attention to negative feedback; only constructive feedback. If you're working - you're not lazy. If your mom or anyone else tries to put you down, you can list all of the things you're doing and educate them that at times mental illness can rob one of energy or motivation. That is not the same as being lazy or irresponsible. You'd also have to remind yourself each day that you're doing the best you can given the circumstances and your illness. If you focus on the negative comments for too long, these can bring your mood down and you'd keep doubting yourself instead of moving on.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Was it normal for me to be not in the mood and what you said yesterday that's why i did nothing what you said yesterday but my mood was low also yesterday or are they me being lazy?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it is common to not feel like doing much when your mood is low. It may even feel to you that all you want to do is lay in bed or sleep just to escape feeling bad. You can separate laziness by viewing it as a choice and not having motivation or energy as a symptom. And, you do not chose to feel bad and not do anything.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What did you mean here?: You can separate laziness by viewing it as a choice and not having motivation or energy as a symptom. And, you do not chose to feel bad and not do anything.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
No one choses to feel bad. That is often because of depression. Laziness is something that you won't feel guilty about (you just don't want to be bothered) while not having motivation, you still want to do something deep down inside and feel bad/guilty when you can't push yourself to do it. You may be able to differentiate these by the emotions they trigger in you. Most likely when you feel down, you also don't feel like doing things. While lazy people may feel good and still decide not to do anything. Think about a time when you had to do something for example at work but you had no energy, no motivation and your concentration was poor.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So this bit you mean it the person can't help it?: Think about a time when you had to do something for example at work but you had no energy, no motivation and your concentration was poor.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Exactly- a time when you couldn't help it no matter what.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ok what else you need to say?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
I think you can tell the difference b/w the two. Nothing else on my end to add as you've been doing a lot of self reflection to understand what is going on w/you and why.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it this one you suggested to me to buy the Pregnenolone?:

http://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/swanson_pregnenolone?category_id=0&search_string=Pregnenolone
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Yes. That's the one. They also have the 50mg which I have from them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it ok to take the 50mg from the start til the end or should i take 2 lots of 10mg the one i showed you?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Take the lower dosage first. I think they also come in 20mg bottles and then the following month start with the 50mg.

You don't have to click the accept button on those posts where I am clarifying your question; only those that are new questions you find the answer helpful.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't seem to find the 20mg ones they have less than it or more. Don't know where to get them in the United Kingdom?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

I don't know in the UK. You can decide to do 2 -10mg caps or there are some that are 25mg rather than 20mg and take 1. The Swanson prices seem the most reasonable and that is who I use in the US.

Atrium Inc. - Pregnenolone 25 mg 90 tabs by Atrium Inc

Douglas Labs - Pregnenolone 25 mg 60 tabs by Douglas Labs

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You done it for a long time you put Your Expert needs more information when you sent me a reply back so that I can accept your answers rather than leaving them blank.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
I know. It's fair to accept posts that are helpful and when it is just clarification you're seeking on something I posted back, that is not like answering a whole new question. Just trying to be fair I suppose :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are side effects to Pregnenolone should I still take it because am worried?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

There are side effects to pretty much anything we consume. You would want to watch for side effects (not every one gets these) Some things to watch for would be oily skin, acne, heart palpitation, weight gain, headaches. You do not have to increase to 50mg if you're noticing improvement in your mood with the lower dosage.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20584515

You're looking to see if it helps you with your concentration, energy and mood.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How would I know if it's oily skin for example if my skin is already oily at a certain time like after i have a bath how would i know?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

You would feel it (it would feel differently than the way it feels oily now) If you're using facial toners to ward of the oily skin you may not feel any differently. If you are not prone to acne even w/ having oily skin, look for break outs. To be honest with you, I did not have any problems w. the pregnenolone but with the DHEA.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When you put w/ do you mean with and without? Does w. mean with? What does break outs mean? sorry am not very good at Science and my English had my mental illness and OCD my whole life i think so couldn't remember, concentrate, study and learn properly.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

No problem.

w/ = with

w/o = without

Break out= your face gets pimples, or you may get them on your back or shoulders. Of course, you may not get them. It is just a side effect that may or may not manifest in your case.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does the w. mean with? Any other other vitamins I can take with no side effects that can help my mental illness because am worried I also have estma so that's another problem it might affect? Sorry for being awkward I know everything has but I just want to make sure.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Yes w/ means with. I put it as w/=with and w/o is means without.

Yes, there is another thing called Piracetam 800. None of these should aggravate your asthma. It is used for depression and memory problems. But, I do not know where in the UK it may be purchased. There are many online pharmacies that sell and ship worldwide though.

http://www.antiaging-systems.com/146-piracetam-nootropil

I will be off line now, and will check posts and reply again tomorrow.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it called Piracetam 800mg?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also any other vitamins that help my mental illness and OCD with no side effects and only side effects on high doses?

Any other vitamins that really help memory and concentration and focus?

Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it is called Piracetam 800 and some companies sell it under the name Nootropil. It does not have side effects. The link I sent you in the earlier post I think serves the UK. If you scroll all the way down there is a phone number for UK clients.

Other natural options without side effects are Omega Fatty Acids supplements such as Fish oil or Flax Seed oil. You may also get a full spectrum amino acids (these are the building blocks of the brain) Supplementing with B-vitamins complex is another thing. It has calming effect and can improve one's mood. If you can use Swanson, I suggest you use them because their prices are really good.

You may also chose to listen to Gamma brain wave recordings to improve memory/concentration. Here is some info. You can find some good Mp3 files on amazon http://www.brainsync.com/brainlab/brain-states/gamma.html

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fish Oil and Flax Seed Oil you mean Omega 3 Fish Oil is the same and will do and is Flax Seed Oil different from that and Fish Oil and is or are they for just OCD or my mental illness what i just mentioned?

Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Both Fish Oil and Flax seed oil have omega 3 fatty acids. There are some that also have omega 6 and 9. These are good supplements for memory and concentration.

The OCD would be something that has to be treated by therapy besides medication or supplements. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is effective in threating OCD as well as neurofeedback.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What's neurofeedback?

So which should I get Fish Oil and Flax seed oil or omega 6 and 9?

What other treatments or vitamins help with my mental illness that's been researched?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Neurofeedback also referred to biofeedback is therapy that allows you to learn how to re-program your brain. http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/biofeedback-000349.htm

I would suggest the organic flax seed oil from Swanson since it includes all omega fatty acids 3-6-9.

I think the pregnenolone was the one thing that had been widely researched and I at the moment can't think of other than those mentioned.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does the neurofeedback work as good as medication or can cure my mental illness and OCD better than the vitamins you gave me that really work or kind of work?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

The neurofeedback can't really be compared to medication or supplements because it is actually you learning to reprogram your mind. The others are aids. Cure is a relevant term. Think of mental illness as something let's say as diabetes. You do not cure it but you manage it with medication as to where you live a better and healthier life.

I meant to ask you about your OCD- Are you struggling mostly with obsessive thinking or compulsive behaviors ex: checking things over and over, counting, engaging in some kind of a ritual, repetitive hand washing, etc?

How severe is your OCD? Would you consider therapy for it besides medication?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My OCD i do things over and over again not too much try to double check it and count and doing some rital that's repetitive and can't carry on unless i have methods to cope myself or if i run out of methods to cope myself i find it hard to carry on and and finish something properly. Am taking medication for it been like this for a few years now taking it and my old doctor or speciality doctor in psychiatry wasn't helpful he just said just carry on taking medication don't need therapy can get better yourself but the one now i've seen her for less than a year so trying to get better with her.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

The medication alone will not be sufficient to help you manage the OCD. Not sure why your doc said that. Therapy is very effective along with the medication. In severe cases of OCD when the person is still suffering a lot even with medication and therapy, there is also neurosurgery -

http://www.ocd.net.in/Neurosurgery%20for%20ocd.html

If you're working with someone now in therapy that is a good thing. If the medication is not as effective, you can always ask for different medication from the person who's prescribing it (I gather you're not seeing the same psychiatrist now?)

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not same psychiatrist and the new one is giving me therapy for a few months ago to now but no help. Is speciality doctor in psychiatry same as a psychiatrist?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Psychiatrist is the same as specialty psychiatrist. They are medical doctors who primarily prescribe psychotropic medication. It takes time for therapy to work. Usually you'd want to stay consistent with the therapy if possible at least once a week sessions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He doesn't always see me she either says am on holiday or my child has some sickness problem my wife can't help him have to go to his school or i can't make it because am ill not every week he sees me or some excuse or seeing him at least every 2 weeks.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Oh, you want to do what is best for you though. If the clinicians are not available to help you, you may want to find someone else that is more reliable and available. You see, for the disorders to be managed, you have to stay consistent and get all the help you can. You may find yourself doing different things ex: taking the medication, working w/ a therapist, using workbooks, CD/Mp3 self help tools, exercising, trying to go out and do things w/ people instead of isolate and so on. As I mentioned before- You're your own best advocate! Stay proactive and if you need to, look for new therapist/doctor starting today.

Overcome OCD Audio CD

The Ocd Workbook: Your Guide to Breaking Free from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

OCD Treatment with Subliminal Affirmations: Control Obsessive Compulsive Disorder & OCD Symptoms, Solfeggio Tones, Binaural Beats, Self Help Meditation Hypnosis

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When you said psychotropic did you mean psychiatric?

Are specialty psychiatrists medical doctors who primarily prescribe psychotropic medication?

Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Psychotropic are the mental health medications (psychiatric) The specialty medical doctors may be other doctors such as osteopath. All medical doctors can prescribe medication, but to get the most of it for treating your mental health conditions, you'd want to work with a psychiatrist for the medication and a therapist for the therapy (counseling, neurofeedback)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So it's better working with a psychiatrist rather than a speciality doctor in psychiatry?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
A psychiatrist may be best. You'd want to make sure that they specialize in treating schizophrenia and OCD before you make an appointment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh I see because where i live there's no psychiatrist but the speciality doctor in psychiatry all these years to now so maybe they haven't helped. But my Mum would say how come other people got better and you still haven't and if they didn't work with the one before how come they got better.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Each person has their own issues that are unique to them. Your mom nor anyone else should not make comparisons. There is something called a base line, meaning the level of functioning a person has that reflects what the norm for them in regard to their behavioral health. It is different for each person. Progress is also an individual thing. You can't compare yourself to another person even if they have the same diagnosis as you. Your mom may have said that to you because she's felt frustrated or sad about your situation. Regardless, you want to stay positive and not feed into negative comments as they don't help anyone. It would be something you'd have to practice time after time. You're already dealing with your symptoms and don't need additional aggravations.

If there are no psychiatrists in your area, then you would want to at least stay with the doctor that can prescribe the psychotropic medication. That doctor should be able to listen to your report of whether or not you're feeling better, worse or the same. As a result of that, they can figure out what medications or dosages to consider.

http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/privatespecialists/find-a-doctor/

I will be off line now and check posts later in the day.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are those audios you sent me any good?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Yes, these are good audios. I use both subliminal and self hypnotic ones. You would have to listen to them more than once.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it normal for me now to think about sex at night with finding someone online and meeting up with someone because I had the sex thoughts and feelings since i was going through puberty to now because I have my mental illness and OCD my whole life also and got worse the last or within the 7 years to now with my mental illness and OCD?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
It is normal to think about sex and dating. If you find yourself preoccupied with those thoughts as to where you're having a difficult time thinking of anything else, then it could be because of the OCD. If on the other hand you just think about these things for a few minutes before you go to bed, it is understandable and normal. Besides online, you could try to meet someone face to face in your area. Spending too much on the computer can be addictive and in a way socially isolating.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think about it and image am having it with someone in my head and the stuff coming out of my private really, then i don't think of it any other time only during the time i go to sleep and can't hold it inside me for a certain time if i don't not think and do it over a certain amount of days or nearly a week or more. And i get pictures of certain people online who i think there sexy and do it with the picture and like i said before and listen to sounds of kissing. That is what i mean?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
You may be thinking about this especially if you're lonely. If you're imagining the sounds of kissing that is normal. If you're actually hearing these (I don't mean on line or TV) it would be indicative of an auditory hallucination. Are you going out much to socialize? You mentioned that you had been doing some work at a layer's office.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not me someone else on tv. I do some volunteering job at a charity shop once a week or twice for at least 2 hours or more each day more than 2 hours. I go out with my support worker twice a week once each day 2 hours or more depending on what i or we have to do or some extra spare time which i pay this support worker to go out with him a service where i live by the government or council. I go to an Art class once a week. Used to go to an IT class once a week but finished that. I don't hear kissing sounds just hear it when i recorded it and play back on my phone and ipod shuffle. When sometimes you say maybe or might be or you sound unsure are you saying you do know like just now may be and before basically? What do you think now and have to say?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
That is great that you occupy your time and even volunteer. It is healthy to stay busy and to meet and interact with people. If you're not hearing the kissing sound in your head then it is normal. Since you've recorded that is an actual sound you're hearing rather than a hallucination. When I phrase something as might or may it means it is a possibility or something plausible, or (it's likely something that's happening)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am getting fedup of my life i upset a friend online she blocked me on Facebook and Skype who makes money i said this to them which is me William and the other female is her because am making too many mistakes in my life want to end it or go back in time through a time machine or black hole and change my past got the answer from someone else on here:

Hey William, thanks for the friend request. What do you do?

William
am a student
am the one on skype do u remember me?

Rachael
oh yeah, is your surname different than you used in MLSP?

William
same
William Lam same

William
hi Rachael not had a chat wit u for a few days thought not chat wit u on skype since ur busy

William

William
hi Rachael
r we allowed to open more than 1 facebook account/
*?

Rachael
not if you get caught

William
my friend said i speck to newbies like u and my other sponsor no offence just saying what he said cuz he has 2 had it for years now

Rachael
speck?
yes I have two
but I'm just saying you need to be careful they dont find out

William
what did u mean by speck?

Rachael
this is what you said

William
yes

Rachael
what do you mean by speck?

William
u said speck?
yes I have two

Rachael
YOU said speck
my friend said i speck to newbies like u and my other sponsor no offence

William
oh people who make money online that r new i meant on fb

Rachael
ok
well anyway my answer is yes you can have two but just don't let facebook catch you

William
ok how r u Rachael been a long time?

Rachael
I'm great, very busy. How about you?

William
ill but alright i guess since it's Christmas
hoping to get a job next year in IT then can cum back to ur system/program/biz to make money online cuz then i will be self employed also wit money

William
saw someone i love today well from b4 still love her she said to b4 that am too young for her, she looking for older men and wasn't looking for a boyfriend at that time she's only 2 years older than me i thought i wouldn't see her ever again but she was there in another shop as same position i missed her for nearly a year now

William
she's like a goddess to me
sorry if am going on about it just that ur a female and the same age as me so thought would chat with you about it
and u understand it better since your a female

William
hi Rachael just wanted to say it's Christmas tomorrow am excited are you?

William
hi Rachael Merry Christmas

William
Happy New Year Rachael

William
hi Rachael

William
hi Rachael r u ok in ur place cuz i know it's bad weather conditions there and been accidents?

Rachael
we're fine thanks

William
Happy New Year Rachael

Rachael
happy new year!

William
how was ur Christmas?
i meant how was your Christmas?

William
Rachael do you know if cash gifting is legal in the UK cash gifting activities i mean?

Rachael
I have no idea but I wouldn't touch cash gifting with a barge pole

William
how are you Rachael?

William
hi Rachael is there a chance mlsp will close down cuz i want to rejoin it soon and start to make money after i apply to work at home?

Rachael
Hey William

William Lam
hi Rachael
how r u?

Rachael
great thanks
so listen

William
ok

Rachael
I have a big project going on and I'm looking for people that are serious about success online. Wanted to give you a shout and see if you'd be a good fit

William
i have no money so if it involves that am pretty useless

Rachael
lol

William
unless it's cheap

Rachael
I had no money when I started either, but I found it cause I was serious
so it's sounds like you're really not serious

Rachael
ah well
good luck with everything!

William
yes i am Rachael
if u say am not
cuz i thought it involves $100's or $1000's then i can afford it
also i thought it was mlsp
i am serious Rachael i meant

Rachael
Check it out here http://SilverCoinMLM.co.uk/ and we'll talk. I am only taking people on that are ready to ROCK big time

William
sorry about b4 Rachael i didn't mean to waste ur time chatting wit u
just feel like i need someone to chat to that's all

William
hi Rachael
i looked at that program/biz it looks good

Rachael
great, so lets get you started

William
i had a dream about u this morning about cuming to ur party on ur birthday or someone's birthday must have been yours cuz dreams people don't always remember them clearly or exactly

William
hi Rachael i'll be at ur webinar tonight beautiful just to let u know

Rachael
don't call me beautiful

William
sorry Rachael just can't help it i know ur husband won't like it
also just being honest sorry again

Rachael
I don't like it either. I'm blocking you. I've had enough of your weird messages.

William
sorry Rachael

Hi William I'm sorry you have been waiting so long for an answer to this question.( I answered a question from you earlier today regarding the movie directing interest and goal you have.)
I can see though where part of the problem is. She seemed to make it clear that it made her uncomfortable for you to talk to her in a romantic way. She was apparently interested in conversatons with you as a friend or about business only. You spoke to her about dreaming about her, and then how she looked 'beautiful'. For you to speak to her in such terms, caused her discomfort . These terms are too intimate for someone that you barely know, and that does not have romantic interest in you.
You also misspelled the word 'speak' and sometimes you were not writing in complete sentences, so I think it was a little hard to understand what you were talking about sometimes.
It sounds like it might help you to learn more about social skills, and something called emotional intelligence. This is something that many people need to work on. Those with schizophrenic traits and autism, often have to spend extra time becoming aware of social cues (but even people without any form of mental illness often have to work on better social skills, especially young people). Luckily, it is something that can be learned.
Learning how people feel when certain terms are used will help you to make better choices next time when you speak to your friends. You can learn appropriate topics to speak of when conversing with new friends and acquaintances.
Does this make sense?
Please let me know if you have further questions on this topic. I know of an online course for emotional intelligence that might be helpful for you. Let me know if you would like the link. (Please note, also, that if you respond to me and I don't get back to you immediately, I will answer you as soon as I am online again, usually within an hour during the day and evening, if not sooner)
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

It can be frustrating when it seems that people are rejecting you. This woman seemed to be interested in making some money online rather than establishing friendships. Try not to personalize it though. If you find true friends, they accept you for who you are. I agree with the other person's feedback at the end that she seemed to be uncomfortable if there were romantic connotions in the posts on your end. Yet, name calling as she said "weird" is not nice. She could have just said she's no longer interested in the chat. You may try free online forums (support groups) where you can find people with similar interests or even mental health conditions similar or same as yours. They can be more understanding. www.dailystrength.org

Feeling down because if this is understandable. Feeling like you want to end it or teletransport to another time is not healthy. Please if you absolutely feel suicidal, call the UK Crisis Line # 084 57 90 90 90, a friend, your sponsor or counselor/doctor, or even go to the hospital. Try not to think that you're bad or worthless because some people do not understand you or do not want to be friendly. People have different motives and friendships often are established based on mutual interests. Meaning, if you find someone that you think can be a potential friend but they have different interests from you, a friendship may not develop. Try the forum site I've attached in this thread and remember to stay positive. When you're dealing with mental health issues you want to surround yourself with positive people not those who bring you down. Also, keep in mind that people can't really get to know you well online and personal face to face relationships are something to keep pursuing.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I don't need that number now I understand what you said and feel better today after reading what you wrote. Does Nootropil have side effects i see it does?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Nootropil (Piracetam) does not have any major side effects like medications do. It really works.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it that everytime I thought of having sex at night the day before like I said before basically I become more aware of myself?

Why is it before everytime I see someone a female online whose sexy and see there private bits not naked but certain way private bits and I think of having sex with them and I get there picture on my phone and listen to those kissing sounds on my phone or ipod shuffle?

With my mental illness I always think I have weird expressions on my face with my eyes, lips, face and tongue that hasn't changed since I was really ill since 18 to now and not sure why I think that still?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
You become aware most likely because it brings the desire for you to be in a relationship. As a result, you become more self conscious. That is natural. As far as thinking about the kissing and sex, that can relate to fantasizing. As long as it does not consume your time or distract you from doing or thinking about other things, fantasizing can be healthy for a young man. I am not sure about the facial expressions you're referring to. It may be something you're thinking about that others are not noticing unless lots of people had said something to you about it.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The sex and kissing I think of is not all the time just once a day near the time I sleep. The facial expressions I do a dirty smile, evil smile, tongue sticking out like to do with porn or sex, all these reaction type expressions that is unusual or funny, drooling inside my mouth have to swallow it down like drinking and other types of weird stuff and I think am weird or odd and people find me funny just looking at me. Not sure what you think of all this and have to say?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

If you're making these sort of facial expressions, that can be strange when and if others are observing it. You'd know because you do not observes others doing it in public. If you're doing it at home, it can be seen as some sort of self stimulation as well as a habit. If you can't control yourself from making these, that could be some sort of facial tics. Antipsychotic medications can cause something called Tardive Dyskenisia which is marked by tics. http://www.tardivedyskinesia.com/ also you can go on youtube.com to view videos of it and see if it's something you're familiar with or not.

If on the other hand these are volitional movements and you can control or stop them at will, it would be something you chose to do and it can also be related to your diagnosis of schizophrenia.

If you do these in public, you may want to monitor yourself if these are volitional, because although others may find it funny, it is not really something people engage in doing in public.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What's volitional movements mean?

I can't control my facial expression or expressions must of the time or a lot of the time.

Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Volitional means purposeful - something you're doing on your own.

If you can't control these facial expressions, they could be either facial tics or possibly a side effect from medication. It is something to ask your doctor who prescribes your medication especially if they had seen your expressions.

As far as why you think of having sex, that is as I mentioned a fantasy (wish) and if you find them physically attractive, that can be arousing as well.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did the facial expressions and expressions before but I was very ill then, before I took medication but did it more and more after I took my medication because couldn't control them?

No one said about my facial expressions and expressions that came up to me?

I meant also that I become more aware of myself after I think about sex the night before and actually think and do it like I said before basically and think that people will know I thought of sex and thinking of sex from my expressions and facial expressions and become more paranoid or suspicious of the expressions and facial expressions?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

No one can know what you're thinking about whether or not you're making facial expressions or not. When you had been little, that can be some sort of tics. You would have had to be given a diagnosis. Schizophrenia is not a disorder that is diagnosed in little kids so the medication they had given you then may have been for something else.

Arousal and excitment can trigger these tics.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When you type here you mean that I could have had them when I was a Child and teenager because of tics which means basically my facial expressions and expressions would have been caused from my mental illness?: When you had been little, that can be some sort of tics. You would have had to be given a diagnosis.

Is it normal to have arousal and excitement in me or is tics something not normal?

Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

It is normal to experience arousal and excitement. If you had these issue with the facial expressions when you were a child, these may have not necessarily been caused by the schizophrenia at that time- in your childhood. I thought you meant that you had experienced these facial expressions when you were little.

People can become aware of themselves when they think about sex. They can become self conscious. There is a difference b/w these and being paranoid or suspicious. Paranoia and suspiciousness would relate to the schizophrenia. They are unhealthy responses.

Would you like me to opt out of the question so another therapist can give their view point on this as well? Maybe it would be helpful to hear from a male therapist?

You can always open another thread with a question to me in the future by typing for Dr.Rossi at the start of your question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I experienced those facial expressions and expressions near the time I was ill noticing them more and more to now?

What do you mean by B/W?

Not yet sorry. Sorry am I being rude that was why you wanted me to change to a male?

Sorry to keep bothering and troubling you.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

You're not being rude or bothering me. I thought that a male therapist may better elaborate about the sexual arousal and subsequent behavior you were asking about. I want to make sure that you get the most assistance that is helpful to you and you only pay for helpful answers.

If I am getting this correct- you're saying now that these facial expressions did not occur when you were little (child) only as you started to suffer from the schizophrenia. If that is correct, then these facial expressions can relate to the disorder.

B/W means between

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I did the facial expressions and expressions only when I became quite ill did one smile a dirty smile after watching someone on TV on my Chinese Channel when I was 15 he did it he was a bad person basically then I started to do more as I got more and more ill?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
I got it. It corresponds to your disorder then. I will be off line now. When you work with your therapist, it may be something to mention to her and see what she thinks and if she can work with you on managing these expression if possible, and if you want to learn how to do so.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I picked up things even before I was before 15 copied but had thoughts when I saw something bad basically on TV, but didn't do certain expressions and facial expressions because I didn't notice them til I was 15 when I picked up my first expression and facial expression?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
You're mentioning that you were having thoughts when you saw something bad on TV, and those can relate to your OCD. You noticed these things, when you were 15 because you were becoming more self aware as a teenager of yourself and your experiences. Now you're even more aware of these and can try to monitor both your thoughts and your facial expressions. It takes time to change something especially when you're struggling with the OCD and schizophrenia but at least you're working with a doctor and a therapist and doing all you can. When you catch yourself thinking about something negative when you watch TV or read it in the paper or hear it on the radio, remind yourself that you're only in control of yourself and not what others are doing. Also remind yourself that you do not need additional stress or negativity.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So with the thoughts that I had in my head copying people would you say it was my schizophrenia and my facial expressions and expressions also?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Yes, both the copying and the facial expressions can relate to the schizophrenia disorder. The behavior refers to something called disorganized behavior.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/disorganized-schizophrenia/DS00864/DSECTION=symptoms

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You also said the copying and facial expressions and expressions can be OCD also?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if you are doing it in compulsive and repetitive way. If you're not and it only happens at night or once in a while, or when your anxiety is high, it is due to the schizophrenia disorder.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I only do it when people are around if am on my own then I do it?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
Unless it's a nervous tick connected to your anxiety in social settings, it can still be due to the schizophrenia diagnosis.
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I used to think when I was 15 basically, that I wanted to go to a different world a Japanese cartoon world, because I had enough of life in the past, didn't have a meaning to life thought life was boring had nothing to do in this world if i didn't play computer games, played computer games and got addicted to them when I was young to I knew I had a mental illness, didn't know I had a mental illess and OCD at 15 then, thought the characters in the Japanese world were my true friends, because my friends most of them didn't treat me as one when I was in secondary school or high school and loved certain females in the Japanese cartoon world. Was all this part of my mental illness and just that not my OCD? Why was I addicted to computer games?

My Mum's worried that if I use this website and paying each month she could setup her own website and do it without a license and she thinks justanswers doesn't either?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Playing computer games and spending too much time online can be addictive. It happens even to those who have not been diagnosed with any mental illness. In a way, that is so because it removes a person from reality through distraction and fantasy.

For you to have become addicted to the games can also be because of the OCD. You have become obsessed about playing the games and as a result of it, may have found yourself spending more and more time on the computer. This site Just Answer is intended for question and answer purposes only. Usually a person posts a question here and there and it is not intended as a form of therapy/counseling or intervention. All of the experts in the mental health section are licensed clinicians in their field either psychology, therapy, social work, psychiatry, etc.

You may decide to take a break off of the site as you do not want to become dependent on it. I did send you some free forum support groups that you can use. It would also be helpful to see your counselor often and to work on the things that you want with her. That is why she's there for you- to help you feel better, to assist you in making changes that would lead to positive outcomes such as you socializing more, feeling more optimistic and motivated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I used to think when I was 15 basically, that I wanted to go to a different world a Japanese cartoon world, because I had enough of life in the past, didn't have a meaning to life thought life was boring had nothing to do in this world if i didn't play computer games, didn't know I had a mental illess and OCD at 15 then, thought the characters in the Japanese world were my true friends, because my friends most of them didn't treat me as one when I was in secondary school or high school and loved certain females in the Japanese cartoon world.
Was all this part of my mental illness and just that not my OCD?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.
We have already covered this. Escapism drives people to withdraw in imaginary worlds through activities such as games, computer, TV, and so on. Your behavior could have been both as a result of you schizophrenia (when you did not have a sense of belonging when people did not treat you as one of them) and possibly the OCD increasing, which led to the frequent use of the games and fantasies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry if I keep asking you the same questions, just sometimes not sure if you answered them or not.

What about the no meaning of life thought life had nothing unless I played computer games and loving certain Japanese cartoon females?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

Experiencing life as meaningless would relate to you finding comfort in the games where no one was judging you, where your mind was preoccupied with the game rather than worrying about what others are thinking and basically dealing with reality through escapism. As far as loving certain Japanese cartoon females that relates to fantasy and most likely identifying with those images in the same way you could identify with actual actors on TV. Playing these games offered you a safe environment where you withdrew from external stressors and critical people. But, withdrawing too much into it can be unhealthy as you would want to socialize with others and do a lot more other things than play the games, watch TV or spend too much time on the computer. Social interaction is good. You're an adult know and realize that people can be mean and that should not prevent you from interacting with those who are a positive influence on you. Even your volunteering is good and healthy activity.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What did you mean here?: As far as loving certain Japanese cartoon females that relates to fantasy and most likely identifying with those images in the same way you could identify with actual actors on TV.

When you say the know bit here you mean now?: You're an adult know
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

It is a response to your comment - " life had nothing unless I played computer games and loving certain Japanese cartoon females? " A comparison that you found the cartoon characters lovable as some people find live actors lovable.

Yes, you're an adult and you've realized along the way that some people are going to make unpleasant comments and not to give too much attention to their comments because negative comments can bring your mood down.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are there any remedies i can take to get better with my mental illness?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 2 years ago.

I've mentioned staying on the medication prescribed by your doctor and the pregnenolone and piracetam. You'd also want to stay consistent in working w/ your therapist.

*I'm opting out of this thread now so it does not seem like we're going in circles and another clinician can offer their feedback.

Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

It seems you have been working with Dr. Rossi on your issues and she has been a great help to you. She thought a different perspective might help. Can you give me an idea of the problem you would like help with?

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have schizopherina and OCD not sure if you know?

Did you read the posts from before?

Yes, I have read through your talks with Dr. Rossi. She made very good points.

At this point, what are the main issues you feel you are dealing with? What do you feel are your most prominent symptoms? Have they changed since you and Dr. Rossi started talking? And are you still taking the same medications or have they changed in any way?

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Feeling anxious of going out and worried that people will judge me and make fun or bully me or laugh at me because am weird or odd and funny for no reason with my mental illness, more worried and anxious about this Saturday because I used to have bad times at the College am going to, not used to strangers there. OCD not cured yet can't do nothing not even do the things I want to and like repeating the same thing over and over again at least twice, can't talk to myself properly if I get distracted or disturbed have to start again or count some things I do. The Doctor am seeing now she hasn't helped me because last week Tuesday meant to see her but she forgot to put in her diary. Am getting fedup of her and the therapist. The therapist can't see me every week like Dr. Rossi suggested because there busy my support worker said today the one that takes me out. Am getting fedup because am not getting the help I need and support so have to cure myself and old Doctor said don't need therapy for OCD and mental illness up to you to get better with OCD medication fine for OCD, but for mental illness had therapy so don't need it up to you to get better, why change the medication don't need to fine. I've been ill for over 20 years so my whole entire life the society and government hasn't done much to help me if I carry on like this am going to be like this until I die of old age and for the rest of my life. So i've not changed my medication hasn't seen the Doctor had to book it in myself this week they said nothing about it to me not a phone call or letter. Am on the same medications for both mental illness and OCD.

It sounds like you might need to change therapists and doctors. If you feel they are not giving you the care you need and especially not working with you to find new ways to cope, then you may need to find new professionals to help you.

You can try asking your regular physician for a referral or you can search on line at http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/. You can also contact your local United Way for information about the community mental health center in your area. They can offer you therapy, a psychiatrist and case workers on a sliding fee scale.

You also may want to try self help. There are numerous resources available to offer information and support to you as you work to reduce your symptoms. Here are some to help you get started:

http://helpguide.org/mental/obsessive_compulsive_disorder_ocd.htm

http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/default.htm

After struggling for 20 years with your illnesses, I am sure you are aware of most of the symptoms and issues. But sometimes it helps to review the basics in case you learn something new that can help you.

If you feel anxious, there are ways we can work together to help you overcome or at least reduce your anxiety so it is easier for you to face going out and facing others. Although your symptoms are consistent with your diagnosis, it does not hurt to try different techniques to reduce the anxiety to make it easier for you.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I carry on to ask for your help please?

Yes, of course. I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Can you tell me more about some of your anxiety symptoms? And have you ever been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder (except for the OCD)?

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anxiety just get worried that's all that people might make fun or bully me and laugh at me for being weird or odd and for nothing just at looking at me that's all I can think of. What anxiety disorder do you mean?

Anxiety disorders such as Generalized Anxiety disorder or phobias, and like social anxiety disorder. It does not sound like you are familiar with them, so you probably do not have any besides OCD.

As you know OCD an anxiety disorder that is characterized by obsessions and compulsions. You mentioned that you have compulsions to count and do things over and over. To not perform the compulsions causes anxiety.

But the worry you feel about others laughing at you or bully you is probably part of the schizophrenic disorder. Feeling others are focused on you and paying attention to you is a symptom. Medication and therapy can help you deal with these feelings. But learning to be calm and centered by focusing on relaxation can help as well. Here are some ideas you might want to try:

Learn to breathe deeply- pay attention to how you breathe. Focus on your breathing during the day and as you go to sleep at night. Take deep breaths once in a while and especially when you feel anxious.

Visualize a relaxing place- think of a favorite place or a relaxing scene like a beach or a peaceful field. In your mind, picture yourself there and look at the details of the place. Hear the sounds and smell the air. When you feel anxious, think of your place.

Use progressive muscle relaxation- lay down on your back. Starting at your feet, tighten and release each of your muscle groups. Move from your feet to your legs up to your head. As you go, hold the muscles tight for a few seconds then let go. This technique can help you fall asleep or relax when you feel anxious.

You can also use these techniques when you feel anxious from your OCD symptoms.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it I don't stay consistent and be persistent when doing stuff all my life including now and I give up and lose my patience it's like I can't do nothing and I don't stay focused?

Part of that is your diagnosis. When you are dealing with your symptoms, you will naturally feel distracted by what you are feeling. And your thoughts may also keep you from being able to focus well.

When you have Schizophrenia, part of the symptoms are a lack of motivation. It is considered a type 2 symptoms. Type 1 symptoms are the ones that get added to you that you did not have before, like delusions. The Type 2 are the ones that get taken away like your motivation. Unfortunately, medications do not address the type 2 symptoms, only the type 1 symptoms. It is a matter of working on your motivation and trying to push your way through each time you experience feeling unfocused and unmotivated. You can try some of these ideas to increase your motivation:

Identify your goals- write them down so you have them to read over as you need to.

Take small steps- if a goal seems out of reach look at it one step at a time

Break your goals down- Make a main goal then write down short steps you can take to get there.

Use visualization- to see yourself achieve your goals

Get others to help you- support makes a big difference

Try some of these ideas to see if they help you achieve and become more motivated.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it that I can play computer games and not be able to do other stuff if I have my mental illness?

Computer games are designed to draw you in and hold your attention. They include a lot of action, colors and flashes. It gives your brain instant stimuli and focuses your attention. Plus it provides quick rewards for your behavior. But real life is not like that.

Studies have shown that people who play a lot of video games may end up developing attention issues because of the difference between real life action and video game action.

So you are reacting to video games as you were meant to by getting drawn in.

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it I feel excitement and/or arouse over females who I think are beautiful or sexy in real life if I actually see them in real life, if I don't think about sex at night, for quite a while or long time I get that and look at their private parts like I said before basically to you and Dr. Rossi about sex?

When Dr. Rossi said this is it normal?: As far as why you think of having sex, that is as I mentioned a fantasy (wish) and if you find them physically attractive, that can be arousing as well.

If I see two couples together and the female has smooth skin and a bra I feel like having sex with someone in my head and actually doing it at night during the time I sleep and feel like feeling there skin in my head someone's skin and pulling the bra and touching it and feeling it and actually doing the sex in my head and white stuff coming out and haven't thought of sex at night for a while or long time or just see it I mean also and like I said before basically with what I said to you and Dr. Rossi?

What you describe sounds like natural desire for the opposite sex. There is nothing wrong with feeling attracted to the females you see or wanting to be with them. As long as you keep your thoughts to yourself and act out any fantasies in private, then you are not hurting anyone. It is normal for males to feel arousal when seeing females. Men think of sex many times a day. And men are geared to be visually aroused when seeing a female. So you are reacting in a normal way, just as any other male would.

You may want to consider that you have these feelings because you desire a relationship with someone. I know you and Dr. Rossi talked about ways to form relationships with others and her ideas for you were good. Because of your concerns about being hurt in a relationship, you may want to try forming friendships with others who understand your diagnosis and are more accepting. A lot of the on line and in person support groups can be great options for finding new people and eventually forming relationships. Here are some links to help you:

http://www.rethink.org/

http://www.sane.org.uk/

Let me know if you want more resources/links.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So the other questions I asked there basically normal because am a male?

Yes, it is very normal for a male to be aroused visually by females. It is not a trait females share. Females are aroused some by sight but for the most part, it is a male trait.

A normal male will be aroused several times a day by what he sees and will think of sex several times a day. This is normal behavior.

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I find someone sexy I find I want to have sex with them is that normal even by looking at them or something?

Yes, it is normal. The male brain visually processes cues differently than females do. There are studies that prove this through visual stimulation and brain activity measurement. When males and females see the same images, males showed different processing of the images than females did. This allows them to maximize their chances of mating and passing on their genes. So your feelings and thoughts are normal.

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is cam models or cam girl websites where people view other hot females naked or do some sex stuff or whatever they want meant to be a bad type of website because I don't feel like going on them?

It's fine that you don't feel like going on them. Some people enjoy those kinds of websites, but some people feel they are demeaning and do not represent the kind of attraction they feel for the opposite sex. Everyone's interests are different.

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also meant are they bad websites because when I showed it to my friend he said it's a porn website and people say on on youtube video from a website saying they only want people's personal details, card details and money all of them are like that all cam girls?

I'm not sure if all of those websites are the same since I do not have personal experience with them, but I imagine that they need to make money somehow.

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you don't mind opening the link it's like this one?: http://cams.co.uk/p/register.cgi?pid=p319561.subcam_girls_CoUK&ip=auto&no_click=1&alpo_redirect=1

I am sorry, but I cannot do that. I do not know if that site is safe.

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's fine I will send you a text of what it's about then if it's okay for your to answer my question: Camgirl or Cam-girl or chat model is an Internet term for women who are featured on webcams. A portmanteau of "camera" and "girl", the word is used for women who operate their own webcams, such as Jennifer Ringley[1] and Ana Voog. The term is also used to describe women or girls who broadcast themselves via webcam without receiving any financial gain.[2] One of the original and most popular cam-girl sites was JenniCam.com.[3] The corresponding masculine term is camboy.[2]
Some camgirls (sometimes called camwhores) offer nude photographs or videos of themselves in exchange for gifts or money.[4] They may also earn money by advertising pornographic websites or earn commission by convincing customers to join adult paysites.[4] Commissions earned by camgirls vary widely by paysite, but are typically in the form of a flat fee, otherwise known as a "bounty", or based on a percentage of gross sales for every customer who signs up to a site.[4] Or a percentage of gross income earned by the site for every live "private" chat minute the camgirl or boy earns from paying customers. the private minutes can be exclusive 1 to 1, or 1 to a group.

Ok, I understand it. What is your question about it?

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cam girls are porn sites and generally should be avoided. They may also have viruses and may cause you to have problems with your computer. They need to make their money somehow so the motivation for doing what they do is most likely to get money from you.

A healthier alternative is to try to establish relationships with people you meet in real life or on sites that are legitimate like support groups or church groups.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought they were porn sites because my friend said and they're doing bad stuff to people. Thank you very much for your help so far and can you say it to Dr. Rossi please thank you very much.

You're welcome!

You're welcome!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am just afraid if I keep thinking about sex like a normal male and person I will just find anyone even if it's someone on the street a random person whose sexy if am desparate which do that to have sex with which isn't right I mean I won't be able to control myself then have sex with many females which isn't right?

If you have been able to control yourself so far, you will be able to control yourself in the future. You may also be able to take your mind off how you feel if you focus on trying to connect to women through healthy relationships. Focusing on developing a good relationship can take the stress off feeling alone and feeling desperate to connect to someone.

One of the reasons you might be feeling this way is because you feel alone. The last time you mentioned trying to connect to a woman was with someone on line and she was inappropriate with you. By trying to connect through support groups, which are more likely to have others who understand and accept someone with your symptoms, and also trying places like church, you increase your chances of meeting women who you can form healthy relationships with.

Thank you ahead of time for your accept!

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean by healthy relationships?

What did you mean by thank you ahead of time for your accept?

Healthy relationships are a give and take. Both people in the relationship feel they are cared about and loved. It is important to know what a healthy relationship looks like so you can recognize any signs of trouble in the relationships you are in and take steps to fix them or move on to a relationship that can meet your needs.

Here is a link that addresses the details of a healthy relationship:

http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/article-detail.php?ArticleID=376&ClinicID=13

Understanding the difference between a healthy relationship and unhealthy relationship can make a difference in who you decide to be with and the outcome of your relationship.

I thanked you ahead of time for accepting my answers from yesterday. An accept for each answer or every other answer is appreciated. If you are unhappy with your answers, please let me know so we can address it.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The thing what I think is if I love someone I wouldn't think about having sex with them but only with someone I don't love is there something wrong with this because if I loved someone I wouldn't feel like having sex with them at all?

I would love to continue to work with you if you could reimburse me for my time and expertise on the last several answers I have provided for you.

If you are having trouble with getting your accepts to go through, please contact the moderator. Sometimes there is a technical glitch and they can address that for you.

Kate

Has this been a problem for you in the past when you had a relationship?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never had a relationship with someone so wouldn't know only know a few years ago what true love or love is and was.

What you are feeling may not be how you would feel in reality if you are in a stable and healthy relationship. You may find that you feel differently than you think you would.

Some men find that being in a committed relationship hampers their sexual feelings, but that usually indicates a problem with the man and not the relationship itself. But until you have a committed relationship, there is no way to know for sure how you will feel.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just don't want to think that I want to have sex with many women like this Chinese actor did before people said in the newspapers before or after he died that he had sex with too many women that's how he died?
You do not have to. It is a choice.
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it I always make a fedup sound when talking to people or if they talk to me anyone even my family also I seem to be fedup of everyone?
It sounds like you have an anger issue. Either that or you feel scared or uncomfortable about who you are with.
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it normal to date someone online because my Mum said all people online you can't rely on them because on the news it said some people meet up on facebook and they got their internal organ(s) taken out or got there body cut up to get the organs out or they got threatened if they don't give money to that person they will do that or those things they said that to their family? What are your point of views also? My Mum said you can't rely on people online dating because their people online not offline or face to face. Is it safe to date online also?
I will opt out to allow other experts to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it because am asking irrelevant questions now that's why i've been opted out?

You are not asking irrelevant questions at all. You can ask any questions you want on Just Answer. That is what we are here for.

I thought that someone else might be able to help you better than I was able to so I opted out so they could have the opportunity.

Kate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 2 years ago.
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

Most people that you meet online will be safe and will not try to hurt you or scam you. Online dating has become a way of life for many people, and the incidents of scams or actual harm to others is very small. It may not be any different than someone you meet on the street or in a club or bar.

In fact, many people who date online do not like the club scene and find it to be riskier than the online scene, over which they feel they have more control.

If you meet a person online you can usually tell a lot about them from what they say. When you meet them in person you probably know more about them than if you meet a person in a club for the first time. You also have a record of their email address on the computer.

If you do meet someone on line and decide to meet them, make sure it is in a public place, like a restaurant in a safe neighborhood.

Exercise the general rules of caution and you will be fine.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you read my messages from before or saw them?
Dear XXXXX,

I certaily read all of your messages and the excellent responses of Dr. Rossi and of Kate.

Kate did mention that you might want to change doctors or at least get a second opinion and perhaps a change in medications. I concur with that, and I think that you should ask your doctor if you are getting any of a variety of neuroleptic symptoms that are causing some of your facial movements. Neuroleptics are the type of antipsychotic medications that you are taking, that could affect you physically..

I wish you well in your endeavor to live a normal life. I urge you to continue to try to meet friends on FB or other personal sites.

Not everyone will be receptive to you, and you will not be receptive to everyone. Remember that, You must also remember that women are built differently than men when it comes to relationships, and most will not be as eager to have have sex with you as you will be with them. Men and women are basically differerent in that way.

I wish you the best.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was thinking these young children who were boys, were doing sex noises every time I did a dirty smile expression and facial expression, I got so angry with them when I came home I started to get my OCD illness and shouted at my parents again my OCD came back before I shouted at them, but eventually died down the OCD for nothing which I got something wrong which was the headphone or headset broken or damaged when it wasn't, my Dad when I came back home, before I saw those kids that he was making sounds with his throat phlegm doing stuff with it, which he was because he always makes up excuses and says he has some problem really makes me angry and/or annoys me?
Dear XXXXX,

Ever since there were young boys, and that has been since there have been people, young boys have teased other boys. That is a fact of life and cannot be changed.

I understand that it triggers your obsessive compulsive behavior. Because of the vulgar noises those boys made, you over-react to any noises that your father makes, which are perhaps innocent and really are just clearing his throat.

I know that it is difficult to stop the obsessive thoughts once the trigger goes off, but you will have to resist or. If you have medication that you take for the OCD that can be taken as needed, such as a benzodiazepine, then that is the time to take the medication.

If your doctor is giving you high dose treatment with sertraline, for OCD, then he or she could up the dosage.

According to the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2006; 67: 15–22, an increased high dose of sertraline can make a difference when a lesser high dose is ineffective. It can be even more effective than sertraline in combination with other drugs, according to a study done in the state of Georgia.

Of 66 patients with OCD, who did not respond to 16 weeks of treatment of 200 mg per day 30 of them were increased to a dose between 250 and 400 mg/day for 12 more weeks (although a control group of 36 remained at 200 mg for that same period).

There was a SIGNIFICANT difference between the high dose group and the control group

For the 30 patients assigned to receive the high dose of sertraline, there was a significant improvement in symptoms that was greater than that seen in the 36 patients taking the low dose. This was measured by the Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (YBOCS). The highly treated group scored 19, and the control group scored 22. This is considered a significant difference.

Total scores on the Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (YBOCS) after 12 weeks were about 22 points for patients taking 200 mg/day of sertraline and 19 points for those taking 250–400 mg/day of the drug.

The average reduction in scores on the National Institute of Mental Health Global Obsessive Compulsive (NIMH Global OC) Scale after 12 weeks was around 1.5 points for patients taking low-dose sertraline, compared with 1.9 for those taking the high dose. The side effects weren't different, and the rate of impovement was also faster with the higher dose group.

Finally, there are other drugs her psychiatrist can try is the very high-dose sertraline does not work. They are:

buspirone, bromocriptine, clonazepam, alprazolam, and trazodone. Other medications that may be beneficial are clonidinem and risperidone.

I hope this helps. You can show this to your physician.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have my mental illness also that's why I thought of the boys doing that and not sure if the answer is the same to my last question?
If you understand that you have mental illness then you must try to live with it. Your OCD makes you want to keep asking questions over an over again. I wish you the best.

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the last question I gave you the same answer?

I got angry with my Father today and throw a toy at him because he always makes sounds that are annoying my speciality doctor in Psychiatry gave me new medication to take but am taking it tomorrow since my Father didn't get the medication for me since Monday this week when I was meant to take it this Monday. My speciality doctor in Psychiatry said I have some anger problem that's why I get angry easily. The medication am going to take is called Quetiapine not sure how good it is? What do you think and what do you have to say?
My Mum said that is it like am crazy like I can't control myself when I throw something at my Father and got really angry is that true I can't control myself now like am crazy?
Dear XXXXX,

Your anger is part of your schizophrenia disorder. You probably have the paranoid type which makes you suspicious, irritable, and angry, and it is hard for you to control yourself or prevent yourself from acting out this anger.

Perhaps schizophrenia runs in your family. Previous letters of yours seem to indicate that your mother is a very suspicious person. Some of her thinking (such as the terrible things that can happen to you when you are on a social network or dating site, such as being cut up for body parts to sell). She may have the same affliction as you.

Quetiapine is an atypical antipsychotic drug which may prove very useful in reducitng your anger and irritibility level.

You will soon find out when you start taking these pills. The sooner the better.

I know it is hard to control your anger. Instead of throwing something, I suggest that you draw a picture or write a little poem. You will be surprised how helpful this can be for you.

I hope to hear good results from your new medication.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the last question I gave you the same answer?:

Dear XXXXX,

The last question is a different answer. Every one of my answers is different. Your questions, however, are always the same. You also have been forgetting to accept my answers. I want to help you, but it is fair if you accept my answers. I love to help, but I do this for a living. Thank you.

You may want to speak to your psychiatrist about increasing or changing your medications, because they are not effective for your OCD, and you keep obsessing about throat noises that your father makes, which is probably not done to disturb you. It just triggers anger you had at those boys who made sex noises. They are not the same, You need to understand this, or take the medications that may help you to ignore these stressors.

I wish you the strength to take action. Action is not asking the same questions over again. It means talking to your psychiatrist about changing your medications.

I wish you great success.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry it's just that someone who works at your website only told me to accept it once only no more sorry again that's why my subscription got suspended.
Thank you, William. I do want to help everyone that I can. When you ask new questions, the the experts expect to be paid for their answers. Otherwise they will stop answering your questions. If you worked for McDonalds and they paid you for your work on the first week but then did not pay you for the second or third week, you would probably find a new job.

I urge you to go to you healthcare provider and see if you can't adjust your medications.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it after taking Quetiapine basically I feel like I have bad memories in my head when I was in the past basically and bad feelings like the past and bad feelings about the past?
Dear XXXXX,

Studies have shown that Quetiapine will actually improve certain types of thinking, particularly becoming more fluent with words, increasing your attention span and capabilities, and having an improvement in your memory.

The study that I take thes facts from are found in the following website, which you can always show to your therapist.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12755654

When you go to see your therapist, explain to him that these memories are becoming clearer to you. I know that they can be disturbing, but by talking to him about them, you may relieve some of the anguish buried deep within you.

The quetiapine is helping you, but with restored memory will come the anguish of experiencing these old memories again. Sometimes, when these old memories come up, however, they stop bothering us as much. They come out from deep within our minds, and begin to lose their power to hurt us.

I hope this is happening to you. Talk to your therapist. Hopefully you have not only a psychiatrist to give you meds, but a psychotherapist who can spend some time talking to you.

I wish you the best. Call upon me if you ever need any help.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well what I just said happened a little before I just about to take it on my old medication before the first time but what I said doesn't happen all the time after I took the new medication not sure if your answers are the same?
Dear XXXXX,

If you are taking quetiapine, the increase in memory and verbal skills happens slowly, not just because you pop a pill. It is a long time process and it adds up after time.

Best wishes,

Elliott

(If you like my previous answer, please accept. Thank you).
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it I feel like I have interest in something for a short time and maybe get excited about it then I lose interest and don't do what I want to do anything really not anything in particular been like this my whole life and still now?
Dear XXXXX,

There is a certain variety of schizophrenia called Deficit Schizophrenia. If you have two of the following traits, then you have this syndrome or conditon which is part of your schizophrenia:

• -not a lot of liveliness in your mood or presentation of yourself to others; rather, kind of flat.
  • -a small emotional range, maybe smaller than you used to have in the past
  • -reduced speech; talking less; using less descriptive terms and vocabulary
  • -losing interest in things; you may either start out interested, but then lose interest quickly, or for some things have no interest at all
  • -feeling less of a purpose in your life
  • -feeling less social or less of a social drive

Remember, it only takes two of the items on the above list to say that you have Deficit Schizophrenia. Whether you do or not, your lack of interest is part of your disorder. Speak to your doctor about this, and about trying to restore some of your interest in life.

If you do have something that you like (let's say something creative), then you should pursue it when you feel like it. (Art, music, poetry, building things, etc).

I wish you the best,

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What does these mean can you give me examples?: not a lot of liveliness in your mood or presentation of yourself to others; rather, kind of flat.
-a small emotional range, maybe smaller than you used to have in the past
-reduced speech; talking less; using less descriptive terms and vocabulary
feeling less social or less of a social drive
Dear XXXXX,

I will try to explain the following:

This means that when people see you you are somewhat expressionless, not very animated, kind of quiet. Your voice would be more monotone than animated. You don't appear particularly depressed or joyful. You just sound and look a bit dull in your facial expressions and voice.
If at a previous time in your life you had a wider range of emotions: sadness, anger, joy, fear, excitement, etc. - well now they are not as apparent and your range of these emotions is not as wide.
When you talk to others, your flat mood and lack of wide emotional range, described above, shows to other people. If you have changed in this way recently, people might say, "William is not himself". Of course if you have been this way for a long time, then you are now as you were before.
You understand this
You have no real goals, plans, hopes for the future. You just live day by day, not even knowing why you are here or what you need or want to accomplish in life.
You may want to be around people less, see friends less, talk on the phone less, and be more of a loner or prefer to be by yourself more.

I hope this answers the questions.

These descriptions don't necessarily apply to you. They are just the list that defines Deficit Schizophrenia.

I hope I have made this clear to you.

Please accept my answer if you feel I have answered your questions. Thank you so much.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am not sure about this because I always do weird expressions and facial expressions and expressions and facial expressions when I see people?: -not a lot of liveliness in your mood or presentation of yourself to others; rather, kind of flat.

Am not sure for this either?: -not a lot of liveliness in your mood or presentation of yourself to others; rather, kind of flat.

I feel this sometimes when my mental illness and OCD affects me?: -feeling less of a purpose in your life

Am like this most of the time or sometimes?: -feeling less social or less of a social drive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi did you get my last message?
Dear XXXXX,

I am finishing up with a face-to-face client in my office and when I do i shall give you a long, well-deserved answer. Please be patient with me. I want to help you figure this all out.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem thank you very much Elliott.
Dear XXXXX,

Thanks for hanging in there. I turned off my internet for awhile because of bad storms. We are still under flood watch and torndao watch, but right now, all of a sudden, the sun is shining and I'm back.

I have been doing research about the reason for facial expressions, such as those you describe. You also spoke of an earlier doctor who said that you might have been born with some of your problems. This would be called pervasive developmental disorders.

Pervasive Developmental Disorders affect communication and expression if the disorder affects this part of the brain, and are the most serious type of mental disorders in children, affecting one or one and a half children per thousand. Autism is one form of the developmental disorders. A few symptoms of these disorders include:

• -Difficulty in speaking, using and understandig languages
  • -Unusual behavior
  • -Indifference to things, people and events
  • -lack of emotion about different events
  • -Weird body movements and expressions
  • -Difficulty in forming facial expressions and body language
  • -Lacking social skills
  • -Finds it hard to accept spontaneous happenings
  • -Likes to stay on a routine.

My point is that your facial expressions may have nothing to do with schizophrenia, but with developmental problems that you were born with. You have a great deal of curiosity an intelligence and are seeking answers. Your OCD is one of the things that drive you to find the answers, over and over.

You may never find all of the answers, but you will have to accept the fact, that just like me and everyone else, we can never know all of the answers

I wish you great success in finding the answers. I will help you if you need me.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I did facial expressions and expressions only near my mental illness got worser about 15 not before that?
Dear XXXXX,

Pervasive Development symptoms can change over time. This MAY be the cause of your facial movements.

The most likely cause, however is the type of Schizophrenia that you have, which may be, at least partially, CATATONIC TYPE.

Besides the basic criteria for Schizophrenia, which you have, the Catatonic Type will show at least TWO of the following symptoms, as quoted from the DSM-IV manual:

(1) motoric immobility as evidenced by catalepsy (including waxy flexibility) or stupor
(2) excessive motor activity (that is apparently purposeless and not influenced by external stimuli)
(3) extreme negativism (an apparently motiveless resistance to all instructions or maintenance of a rigid posture against attempts to be moved) or mutism
(4) peculiarities of voluntary movement as evidenced by posturing (voluntary assumption of inappropriate or bizarre postures), stereotyped movements, prominent mannerisms, or prominent grimacing
(5) echolalia or echopraxia
[repeating words or copying other's movements]

It basically just comes down to a type of schizophrenia or perhaps some developmental problems you had at birth.

You are just you, and you have to accept yourself the way you are. control what you can control, and don't worry about the rest.

You are still a good person.

Warm regards

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why was it when I took the Olanzapine for the first time it worked for a while then didn't work why was that as I took it longer had therapy but didn't help?

I got out more in the last few years during the time I took olanzapine but still felt suspicious and paranoid took different doses didn't help not sure if I will still get the same with this new medication because since I took it for a few days still think the way I used to but handle it better but don't know if I will turn out like before when I took the Olanzapine where it will work at the start then not work?
Dear XXXXX,

Olanzapine is an atypical antipsychotic drug. It did work for awhile, but very often, your body gets to tolerate these drugs and overrides their ability to help you. This is what has happened.

Your new medication may work as well or better than the olanzapine. Only you will know that. You did not mention what the drug is. I looked back through your notes and didn't see it.

There are other atypical antipsychotics that may take the place of the olanzepine and might work for awhile. Your doctor, in act, may try several, and over time, may even go back to olanzepine.

The other atypical antipsychotics that could probably be substituted for olanzapine are:

• -Aripiprazole (Abilify)
  • -Clozapine (Clozaril, FazaClo)
  • -Paliperidone (Invega)
  • -Quetiapine (Seroquel)
  • -Risperidone (Risperdal)
  • -Ziprasidone (Geodon)

I always appreciate an ACCEPT from you. I haven't had one in the last three questions, and I will continue to answer you, no matter what, but I sure like to be able to make a living. Thank you so much.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am taking Quetiapine.
Dear XXXXX,

Quetiapine is one of the atypical antipsychotics that could be helpful to you since the effectiveness of the olanzepine seemed to have weakened. Let me tell you a few things to look out for and be aware of.

Most commonly, quetiapine can make you very sleepy, sluggish, fatigued, and dizzy. It can give you a dry mouth, a sore throat, swollen sinuses, upset stomach, constipation, and abdominal pain.

It can increase your appetite and cause you to gain weight, so you will probably need to watch this and try to stock up on things that you can eat that have more healthy charactistics, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. and avoid foods with empty calories, like pastas, french fries, snacks, candies, and sweet drinks. Unfortunately the artificially sweetened drinks are harmful to you, so switch to bottled water or juices or soy, almond or rice milk.

You will feel very tired for awhile, if you have just started using it, but afterwards you will become accustomed to it and not become so sleepy.

Quetiapine is less likely to cause a condition called tardive dyskinesia, which may be the cause of some of your grimacing, or may be the only cause of it. It is hard to tell. It is a result of taking antipsychotic medications. The symptoms of tardive dysinesia are: grimacing, sticking out your tongue, smacking, puckering and pursing your lips, and rapid eye blinking

Quetiapine has pros and cons. Monitor your behaviour and physical feelings and see your doctor if something worriesome comes up. BY ALL MEANS, ask your doctor about the possibility of you have TARDIVE DYSKINESIA from using these various antipsychotics.

I wish you the best.

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is tardive dyskinesia tardive dysinesia?

What does smacking mean and puckering mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my last message?
Dear XXXXX,

There is no such thing as tardive dysinesia. That is a misspelling. So, yes, it is the same thing. Spelled correctly it is TARDIVE DYSKINESIA. I'm sure that you can do some research about it online, and you will understand my concerns.

I shall be in and out today and will get back to you as soon as I can if you have any other concerns.

Have a lovely day.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear XXXXX,

Smacking is a mouth movement that a person would make in anticipation of eating something good, using the lips. It you had a tiny taste of something in your mouth you might smack your lips together to better taste it. In tardive dyskinesia a person could make these movements automatically, without thinking, and without having something in the mouth.

Puckering means curling up your lips as if you were about to give someone a kiss on the cheek. Once again, in tardive dyskinesia, this would be done automatically without intention or thought.

I hope this explains.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a chance I won't get better fully better but only some or be able to cope because my old psychiatrist said that?
I don't understand what your psychiatrist said. If you have schizophrenia you may never lose all of the symptoms, but with good therapy you can cope very well, and live with whatever symptoms you have.

God gave you William, the person whom you are, and it is your responsibility to make out of yourself the very best William that you can be.

You have an amazing curiousity and a lot of intelligence. You seek answers and understanding, and that is one of the important characteristics of a great person.

You are doing a great job. Keep doing it, William, and may God continue to give you the strenght and power to continue doing so well.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it on my last medication olanzapine I did a lot of expressions and facial expressions the longer I took to to the end but my new medication I seem to have done less and don't feel like doing it a lot as I used to?
Dear XXXXX,

As always, you ask interesting and valid questions. Your keen intellectual curiosity is one of your excellent characteristics.

As we discussed previously, your facial movements could be in part due to tardive dyskinesia, in part as part of the symptoms of catatonic or mixed type schizophenia, and perhaps in part to to pervasive development disorder when you were still in the womb.

It is impossible to say. It is likely a combinatio of factors. Seroquel (quetiapine) that you are taking now ALSO can cause tardive dyskinesia as olanzepine can. HOWEVER, the olanzapine was not as effective in controlling your schizophrenia symptoms as is the Seroquel, according to your own personal testimony.

Seroquel works better for you, and that is good. They are both atypical antipsychotic drugs, but Seroqeul clearly works better than olanzapine.

I hope this answer helps.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What does combinatio mean combination?

I did more expressions and facial expressions only during the time I took olanzapine but do mostly more on that compared to quetiapine which I do less on now feel like doing less of it now since I took the quetiapine so not sure if you answered my last question?
Dear XXXXX,

I misspelled combination. If left off the last letter. I did not mean combinatio - I meant combination.

The olanzapine was not good for you and because you were taking it and not another, you had more expressions and facial expressions. Maybe the olanzapine did not control your facila expressions, mabye they made you have more.

What is important is that you are now taking somethings that works better for you.

I hope that you you now understand what I tried to tell you in my last answer.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it true I can't become a Movie Director if I work myself up to it from experience from even doing small projects or movies in the country I live because my Mum said with my schizophrenia I might get stressed out and start to get very ill or ill again even though I would be able to cope if I worked my way up to it?
Dear XXXXX,

I think that artistic expression is one of the very BEST therapies for people with schizophrenia. If you have the skills to take pictures and edit them into a little movie, even a 3 minute report or documentary, then by all means do it.

Tell your Mum that doing little projects like that could be one of the best things you could do. I worked with a woman who had schizophrenia. She wrote songs and poems, and when she created something she was always at her best. I also worked with a man with schizophrenia who painted,quite well. His work was nice and he even sold some pieces.

You could make a video about anything you wanted to and put it on YouTube if you were able to. I'm sure there are some people who could teach you and help you to do that.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I meant was also that if I become a proper famous Movie Director my Mum said I won't be able to because I would end up being too stressed out and getting very ill or ill again or worser and end up in a mental hospital even if I worked my way up to a Movie Director?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I don't mean to rush you but did you get my last message in case you didn't receive it?
Dear XXXXX,

Tell your Mum that doing things that are creative, and that includes making your own little videos or movies, is very therapeutic and helpful to those with schizophrenia. Tell her that she should encourage you. This kind of activity will not cause you too much stress. Her saying these things is much too stressful and she should be supporting you instead. That is the best thing that she can do.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Mum is worried that I won't be able to deal with or cope with the 'media and if they ask me questions even if I get better with my Schizophrenia if I become a famous Movie Director because I would have had Schizophrenia before?

Did those two people you helped who had Schizophrenia were they on this website you mean?
Dear XXXXX,

The two people i mentioned were clients of mine at clinic where I worked in Livingston, Tennessee about five or six years ago.

Your Mum should not worry. Her worry, which she is putting on to you, is the worst thing she can do. All you want to do now is start small, like anyone else. It doesn't matter if your success is huge or if it is tiny. What matters is that you do something creative with your mind.

There are many very successful and famous people who have had Schizophrenia and yet had great lives and did what they pleased. Take a look at this website:

http://schizophrenia.com/famous.htm

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I can still deal, handle and cope with the 'media even if I have schizophrenia and recover and get better?

Why is it I can't organize myself and keep to a timetable?
Dear XXXXX,

Of course you can handle the media, if they come around. If you want to attract them, you have to start with a little project now, and then move forward. All you need is a video camera or video phone and a simple editing program. This is a great time to start. Why don't you make one today, or at least get started on it. That would have to be more interesting that just thinking about it.

Good luck with your project.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my last message?
Dear XXXXX,

It is possible that you have a certain aspect of your schizophrenia called attention deficit schizophrenia.

This refers to impaired attention, memory, and cognition in patients with schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia Attention Disorder is a term that may refer to impaired attention, cognition, and memory in those with schizophrenia. The National Institute of Health (NIH) recognizes that many with schizophrenia have disorganized thoughts, abnormal perceptions, and problems with memory and attention.

According to the National Institutes of Health, schizophrenia is characterized by abnormal perception, disorganized thoughts and speech, and difficulties with attention and memory. The mind has trouble filtering out extra information and the short term memory can get overloaded.

This is why you have so much trouble keeping organized and maintaining a timetable, despite your apparent high intelligence.

I hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it?: I never could be myself my whole life I had my Schizophrenia and OCD or been like that my whole life, had to copy people that made me feel good who were good and successful people, never been myself my whole life properly picked bits up from people also but didn't last long copying those people

Why is it sometimes I can focus and be consistent and the other rest of the times I can't most or a lot of the time when doing anything?

Dear XXXXX,

You have been hampered by you daily ordeal with Schizophrenia and you adapted as well as you could by imitating others. Perhaps you never realized that you could be yourself. Perhaps it is hard to realize that you actually DO have your own personality. Your personality and individuality comes through loud and clear to me. You are a person of tremendous intellectual curiousity, especially when it comes to your own therapy and recovery.

Socialization is a process that ALL people go through by taking bits and pieces of other people. It they are taught right from wrong, they find the better people to use as role models, much as you have done all of your life. The thing is, that in that process we all try out behaviors, words, phrases, gestures, jokes, etc. That is the way all people learn. Perhaps you are a bit more aware of the process, but it is the way we all develop our personalities.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear XXXXX,

As I mentioned earlier, you can focus and be consistent some times, but much of the other times you cannot because certain aspect of your schizophrenia called attention deficit schizophrenia, interfere with the process of focusing, and gives you impaired attention, memory, and cognition.

Schizophrenia Attention Disorder is a term that may refer to impaired attention, cognition, and memory in those with schizophrenia.

You do so much, William, and you work so hard at it. Accept who you are, and continue to be the best possible William that you can be.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it I don't feel comfortable and feel embarrassed and kind of back away even when people females mostly do polite and greetings and ways to communicate with me and gesture and when people try to hug me and females kiss me on the cheek since the last few years before I was alright because I was young but was a little bit how I mentioned near 16 time even when a male friend used to hug me it's like in the future if I have a girlfriend then a wife might feel like what I just mentioned here in this question and is it normal what am asking in this question?

Dear XXXXX,

Lots of people feel a bit embarassed when they get hugged or kissed. Its funny because sometimes we feel this way because we DON'T want to get hugged and kissed. Other times we feel embarassed because we DO want to get hugged and kiss, and maybe want to hug and kiss back.

When you meet the right girl you will both want to hug and kiss each other. This is normal. When you meet that girl then she might be your girlfriend, and you might be her boyfriend. You might even decide to become husband and wife after awhile.

In the meantime, try to enjoy the hugs and kisses. They are usually always nice to get, at least I think so.

Its so nice when people like us and then show us by giving us affection.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what I last said what normal?
Dear XXXXX,

Absolutely yes. What you last said was normal. Lots of shy men feel embarassed when approached by a woman, as you described in your last statement.

This is normal. Have no worries. Accept what you when it comes to getting a hug or a little kiss. They have never hurt anybody as far as I know, and I don't expect that they will hurt you at all. It is their way of telling you that you are a nice person and that they like you.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it I always think and hear my Dad's annoying sounds he's been doing since the last 3-5 years I think he was before a lot but my Mum said he's doing less recently but worser in a way than used to so different he makes annoying sounds with his throat phlegm and he is forcing sounds out and coughing and loud noises when my Mum says to me she doesn't always hear it and my Mum said I hate him also so I can think anything bad about him?
Dear XXXXX,

Perhaps you don't like your father. Perhaps you dislike him. Perhaps you dislike him a lot. I'm sure he is making a lot of noises clearing his throat for sinus or bronchial conditions.

If you thought he was the best person in the world you wouldn't hear these sounds as much. They probably wouldn't bother you at all.

However, when you don't like someone, and they are always making annoying sounds, they are much less acceptable. They remind you that this person is there and that you don't care for them very much.

Next time you hear him clearing his throat, think of a big bullfrog saying gribiett, gribbet, gribbet. Don't say anything. Just laugh to yourself and that way you can make the sounds go from annoying to humourous.

You can't help sharing the space with him, and he can't help sounding like a bullfrog. Sometimes that is the best way to let go of things that bother you.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why is it I still feel unmotivated with everything, bored if I do something I focus on anything, lose interest and lose patience with everyone and anything?

Is it true am lazy because all my life my sisters said I have been before they knew I had Schizophrenia and OCD and even to now?

Is it true my memory is just bad my whole life even though I have Schizophrenia and OCD?
Dear XXXXX,

Feeling unmotivated is partly due to your Schizophrenia, which prevents you from focusing on a project too long and being easily distracrted. It is also due, in part, to your environment, where your father is generally lazy, your mother does not encourage you and perhaps you don't have enough to do to distract yourself.

You are the same way you have always been whether your sisters knew or did not know if you had schizophrenia. You do have a great deal of curiosity about your own disorder.

I have a book that I want you buy. You can buy it online at www,.amazon,com. It is called:

Surviving Schizophrenia: A Manual for Families, Patients, and Providers
by E. Fuller Torrey

You can look at the book online by clicking this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Schizophrenia-Families-Patients-Providers/dp/0060842598/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331240551&sr=1-1-fkmr0

You can buy it online with a credit card and have it shipped to your home,.

You have a lot of intelligence and you can learn to stay focused on things, like the videos that you were going to make.

This is something you will have to work hard on.

I hope this gives you a little bit of direction and focus.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear XXXXX,

Having OCD doesn't affect a peson's memory. It just means that you are compulsive or obsessive or both. It means that you keep thinking about the same thing, and maybe it is a worry. Then you keep repeating certain behaviors to make yourself stop worrying.

For example, a person worries about germs on their hands from touching things, so go and wash their hands every few minutes. That is OCD behaviour.

Some people with schizophrenia have trouble remembering things sometimes, and they have to refresh their memory if they forget something, by asking someone, or reading something again, or watching a video again, for example.

If you think that you have memory problems, perhaps it is due to the schizophrenia. I'm sure that you DO remember lots of things however.

I wish you a very good day. It is evening for me, but later for you in the UK and you are probably sleeping now, unless you are a night person.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC,NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't mean to be rude but was you saying yesterday basically that I am unmotivated myself my whole life to now and it's my fault the past to now?
Dear XXXXX,

You are never rude about asking questions that concern you. In fact, you are among the best mannered and polite of all my clients. I am here to answer all of your concerns and questions.

I certainly didn't say that you are unmotivated or that anything you have done is your fault. You seem to be very motivated to me in that you have a keen intellectual curiosity and are always trying to to learn knew things, and explore new ideas.

You asked me if your memory was bad your whole life because you had OCD and Schizophrenia. I explained to you that OCD doesn't affect your memory.

I also explained that Schizophrenia affects SOME people's memory sometimes, but that does not mean it affects YOUR memory. You asked me if your memory is bad your whole life. If my answer wasn't clear, then no, I don't think that your memory is bad your whole life. You know best about how your memory works. You did remember that you asked the qeustion and that I answered it, so your memory IS working.

If you forget things sometimes, then you are like other people. I forget things too. You know best how well your memory is working, and evidently you seem to be able to carry on a good conversation with me. That tells me your memory is doing its job.

You have questions and you are HIGHLY MOTIVATED to get answers. That is why we are talking now.

You have done nothing wrong, William. You are motivaterd and you are a very kind and thoughtful person. You try so very hard. That means that you are motivated. People who are not motivated do NOT try hard. You are not like that. You try hard and that means you are motivated.

Being curious about things is a wonderful thing. Don't change a thing. You are doing a great job.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

It is not true that you are unmotivated all of the time. Sometimes you have lots of motivation, like when you make plans to become a movie director, starting small, of course, or when you do research about schizophrenia and OCD and other things on line, or when you ask questions and try to seek answers.

Your sisters are just acting like bratty sisters when they do this to you. Don't pay them any mind. Don't give up and don't get disgusted with yourself.

Tell me what it is that you like to do best. Let's work on it and try to make things better for you. That's what I'm here for, to help you help yourself to become the best William that you can become.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does OCD affect my motivation?

Why is it I still feel bored if I do something I focus on anything, lose interest and lose patience with everyone and anything?

When I asked you why is it I still feel unmotivated with everything did you answer that?
Dear XXXXX,

OCD should not make you unmotivated. It might make you motivated to keep doing the same repetitive thing over and over and over again, but it shouldn't keep you from being interested in things.

It is possible, that in the course of your schizophrenia you have moments in which you cannot focus. It is probably not like this all of the time. Right now you feel more agitated about it because it is harder for you to focus on things for the moment. But, you feel motivated to write to me, to seek answers, so therefore you must have some motivation, otherwise you wouldn't even be writing to me.

Don't work yourself into a state of anxiety about this, WIlliam. Go with the flow as best you can, and if you don't want to do anything, you don't have to. If it is warm enough, sit outside and enjoy the beautiful sky, the trees and spring flowers that may be starting to come out.

Try to be calm and relaxed and do not worry.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

This last question if an example of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. You are obsessing about your disorder, thinking about it constantly. Your answer to obsessive thoughts is a compulsive action. In this case your compulsive reaction is to ask me this question, one that I just did my best to answer, over again.

You have motivation in a certain sense, but your motivation is to ask questions in response to your compulsive thoughts.

I would like to hear more about your interest in videos and movies. I am looking forward to seeing something that you have done, perhaps on a YouTube link. I am also interested in hearing about the things in life that you enjoy the most, including foods, pets, plants, places to go, and so on.

I look forrward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So you mean for this this is the answer When I asked you why is it I still feel unmotivated with everything did you answer that?: You have motivation in a certain sense, but your motivation is to ask questions in response to your compulsive thoughts.

You didn't answer this also?: Why is it I still feel bored if I do something I focus on anything, lose interest and lose patience with everyone and anything?
Dear XXXXX,

I only discussed how OCD can act as a form of motivation.

Why is it that you still feel bored if you do something? Why do you lose interest and patience with everyone and everything?

The answer may be because you have not found anything or anyone interesting to hold your attention.

Only certain things hold my attention. Other things don't so I don't bother with them. The tellie, for example, doesn't interest me one bit. Therefore I don't watch the tellie. In fact, I don't even own one.

I hardly ever go to the cinema or watch a video. I find things that interest me. I like to play the piano, I cook, I take walks in the country (where I live), I plant a garden, and I talk to two or three friends, mostly on the phone.

The things I DON'T do are not because I am lazy,but because those things hold no interest for me. What holds interest for you?

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you answer this also?: Why is it I still feel bored if I do something I focus on anything

Am very sorry to keep asking you over and over and over again just want to make sure because my English isn't very good.
Dear XXXXX,

Your English seems good to me.

Some of your behavior is compulsive. That is why your doctors have diagnosed you as having OCD. I didn't diagnose you with OCD. Your doctors did, and you told me.

However, you feel bored with things because you haven't found too many things that you find interesting. If is possible that this has something to do with your schizophrenia, but that is not neccessarily true.

Why do you feel bored is you do something or focus on anything? Because these things do not hold your interest, for whatever reason. If you have no interest in anything, then you can't put your mind, your heart, or your attention to it. I cannot do that either. If something is boring to you, then you don't get involved in it. That is natural. If something is boring to ME, then I don't get involved in it.

I hope that I have done a good enough job explaiing this to you, William.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear XXXXX,

No, I did not say this. I said that you have motivation do do the things that interest you. If something doesn't interest you then you are not motivated to see it or do it or read it or watch it or eat it. If you ARE motivated, then you DO go ahead and participate in that activity.

It would be good for you to do the following thing for me. Think of this as homework. This is your homework assignment:

Wrrite down all of the things that you like to do. Include:

- the things you like to see.

- the people you likfe or who are your friends.

-your favorite books

-your favorite movies

-your favorite foods.

Spend as much time as you need to make this list.

Then send it to me and we can talk about it.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to ask you something for emergency for today. I feel I am useless my whole life because I can't even do simple, general, basic and straight things have to be told it or if I ask like today my boss she wasn't being rude to me or shouting but after I asked her what I did wrong she explained it after I finished the job not long ago today I feel really depressed and useless and crying.

Why is it my whole life I can't do simple, general, basic and straight things?
Dear XXXXX,

You are such a good person, and it hurts me to know that you are feeling so down and useless. You are not useless. I am sure that so many people that you know love and cherish you because you have such a good heart.

That is a wonderful gift - the kind heart. God gave that to you and that makes you special, for so many don't people have that ability that you do. Lots of people don't care about what they do or how well they do it. You, on the other hand, are a real caring person. That is such a wonderful gift.

You have a job. Maybe it is basic work, but you qualify for the job. Sometimes it takes a while to learn new tasks but you do learn them.

Part of the learning process requires that you boss instructs you and helps you to do the job according to the standard that are required. You have a kind boss who is not rude and who doesn't shout, and who is willing to explain to you exactly what the job requires.

Think of all the things that you CAN do. You have gotten through all of these years already. You are articulate in the way you write and explain things. Your English is perfect as to spelling, grammar, and usage. You know how to use a computer so you have skills.

I believe that you have tremendous value as a human being and you are loved and cared for.

I care very much about your well-being, and about your feelings, William, and I will continue to support you as best I can. Cheer up and know that you have friends.

Warm regards,

Elliott

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But is it part of my Schizophrenia and OCD that my whole life I can't even do simple, basic, general and straight forward stuff?
Dear XXXXX,

You have alread shown me that you can do moe than simple, basic, general and straight forward stuff. by the way that you write and communicate. Perhaps your disorders affect your abilities somewhat, but you are the person that God created and you must honour and accept who you are. We all have our limitations as well as our abilities. Every person is unique and is a gift to the world. You too are a gift, William. You must accept yourself the way you are and enjoy your life as much as you can, and do what you are able to do and don't worry about the rest.

You must accept yourself. We all must accept what we have been given, and cannot change.

God bless you, WIlliam.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it true that with my Schizophrenia and OCD I can do wrong things and not think properly and not think properly what I do?
Dear XXXXX,

I have not seen you in person nor talked to you in person or over the phone. However, talking to you on line on JustAnswer, I know that you are articulate, but very Obsessive about your condition. EVERYONE does things that are wrong or does them improperly, from time to time, including me and you.

It is possible that your schizophrenia does affect you, but so what? You can't change that any more than a person born blind can see, even if they want to. The blind person could worry all the time about not being able to see, or could do something else instead. He could learn to walk with a cane, or with a seeing-eye dog, or to use his hands and ears to manouver around his house.

If you have certain deficits then you have to do what you can do well.

You must try to move forward.

I have asked you on several occasions to tell me what you do best, XXXXX XXXXX you like best, XXXXX XXXXX would still like to hear your answers. I want to help you William, so lets try to move off this topic and move on to telling me what you do the best and what you like the best.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a friend whose the same as me who also has Schizophrenia and OCD, he wanted me to ask you he did something wrong, in the last question he used other people's credit and debit cards, because he thought the hacker that sent him those card details got it from bad people and that he would use the money from the cards from bad people to help charities, but he is worried about it, he didn't mean to do it only found out from another friend that said to him who are we to deal with the bad people were not the government so then he realized he did something wrong and if he wants to be a movie director he will get into trouble with the police finding out and he would be on the news he didn't take a lot of money out of the people's cards just around $100 or more using the money to put into his Paypal accounts but they got blocked, restricted, limited or closed down and used the money for bidding websites like I said he didn't mean it. Not sure what you think about it and if he will get into trouble with the police finding out or fraud department find out?
Dear XXXXX,

Your friend should take thos credit cards and cut them up into little pieces and throw them into the dusbin. Then he should never to that again. The worst that could happen is that, if they investigate, and suspect who it was, then they will make him pay the $100 or so and tell him that if he did it not to do it anymore. Maybe nothing will happen. He will not get into deep trouble so tell him not to worry anymore.

I am so glad that you are helping your friend.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well those credit and debit cards were given online over chat not sure if your answer is the same?
Dear XXXXX,

If those credit cards were given out online, then they were basically public domain and public knowledge and were probably use by hundreds of people, and nothing probably every came of it or will come of it That is excellent news.

There shouldn't be any problem. I'm glad that you told me. There is much less of a chance that someone will call on your friend. I think there will be absolutely no problem.

You have a wonderful eveing.

Blessings and warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also there from the United Kingdom not sure if the answer is the same sorry Elliott for bothering and annoying you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please can you reply back if you got my last message since I want to help my friend out.
Dear XXXXX,

I am so sorry for the delay. My cell phone went out and I had to talk to the phone company people who helped me fix it over the phone.

The laws are pretty much the same in the UK as they are here, concerning using credit cards that don't belong to the person who used them. First of all it is hard to prove. Since he was never really able to put anything on to his PayPal account, then there was nothing wrong. If he is anything like you, a good decent young man, and I suppose that he is, since he is your friend, that he should have absolutely nothing to worry about. Tell him everything is fine. I'm sure that it will be.

You are such a good friend for being concerned about him, and also for being concerned about me. You NEVER bother me and NEVER annoy me. NOT EVER. I am always ready to help you when you need it.

When you get a chance, I would love to get a list of the things that you like to do, to see, to listen to , to watch, and to eat..

I hope you have a lovely eveing.

By the way, what part of the UK do you live in? I have lived there in several places:

Edinburgh, Scotland
Kilmarnock, Scotland,
London (in Islington and The Oval)
Lenham, Kent (near Maidstone)

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in the Southwest in Dorset in UK.

Did you know that I meant here that he put into his Paypal accounts but they got blocked, restricted, limited or closed down and used the money for bidding websites?: using the money to put into his Paypal accounts but they got blocked, restricted, limited or closed down and used the money for bidding websites
Dear XXXXX,

I did understand what you meant - that the money from these credit cards was put into his PayPal accounts but the got blocked or restricted or closed down, and that the money was used for bidding websites. I understood that very clearly.

I hope that you are having a good day and enjoying good weather on this fine Sunday.

Warm regards XXXXX XXXXX

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is my reactions slow my whole life because I have and had Schizophrenia and OCD my whole life?
Dear XXXXX,

What makes you think that your reactions are slow? You seem to be able to think things through, and find your way around the computer. I do not know what you do at home when you are not on the computer, so I cannot assume that you are slow.

You do things at your own speed. Everybody does. Some are faster and some are slower, and some can't do the things that you and I can do. I wish that you would stop using the label of Schizophrenia to describe yourself. I also wish that you would stop using the term OCD to describe yourself.

You are William, a person who does things, and does them at his own God-given speed. There is nothing wrong with that, unless you are in a race.

I, personally, like to take my time doing some things, so that I can get them right. Haste makes waste, it is said. That's why I don't try to go too fast.

How do you feel about that?

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I Feel I was told in the last message by another expert here that I am slow with everything I do all my life which is true not sure what you think now?
Dear XXXXX,

The other expert does not know you enough to tell you that you are slow, because she has not been around you. You are certainly FAST when it comes to responding to my answers.

If you think you are slow, than that is your opinion and you are enttitled to your opinion. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you are, however. You are William, a likeable and intelligent person and that is all that counts. You worry so much about if you are like this or if you are like that, but it doesn't matter. You must enjoy your life as best you can, and don't focus on whatever qualities or deficits you have or think you have. There is more to life than worrying about exactly who you are or how you are.

How about getting outside today, right now, before the sun goes down, and getting some fresh air and looking at something beautiful that is growing, or floating in the sky (birds or clouds). There things are all God's creations, and they are perfect, just like I am , just like you are.

Have a wonderful day, William.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you mind me asking to change to a different expert I just want to change it to someone else don't mean to be rude though?
Dear XXXXX,

I have tried to be supportive of you and tried to help you change your focus away from what you seem to be obsessing about. I have tried to give you real answers that get beyond the questions that you seem to repeat a great deal.

I have tried to give you real help rather than just tell you what you want to hear and take your money.

If you feel I am not helping you, or don't care for you, you are certainly welcome to find another therapist. Be careful though. Not all therapists are caring and helpful. You are free to do what you like.

I will miss talking to you, but, like the therapists before me who worked with you, we have perhaps come to the end of a cycle. I wish you well, William.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So does that mean I can't change experts or stay with you?
Dear XXXXX,

You have a choice, William. You can continue to work with me, or you can work with a new expert, or you can start a new question and work with both of us.

You can just write a brand new question and submit it as a new question, which would good way to start fresh. If I see your name on a new question, and you are not asking for me by name, then I will not take the question, but leave it for someone else.

I can also recommend some good therapists. Just ask for THEM by name:

Dr. Auguste

PsychLady

Dr. Vikas

Start your letter with:

FOR Dr. Auguste,
FOR PSYCHLADY
FOR Dr. VIkas
FOR Elliott

Whoever you want. .

Hopefully I will speak with you sometime again soon. In any case, it has been a great pleasure knowing you and working with you., amy good ei

Warm regards XXXXX XXXXX William, my friend,

Elliott

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I start a new question would that mean these conversations i've had with you and the other two ladies will end?
Dear XXXXX,

These conversations will always be there in the archives for you to go back to them any time that you want to. They will not end and you can go to them just like you can go to them now. This will just be another question,.

You have had other questions before, and you can go back to them if you wish.

Starting a new question if like getting a new notebook. If you have a notebook or several notebooks, you can get a new one and write it in it all you want, but you can still pick up an old notebook and go back to it any time you want. You can even go to one notebook, and then when you are done go to another notebook.

You can create a new question and ask it, and then come back to this question and continue just where we left off, or you can ask for Dr. Rossi or the other woman.

You can do it all.

Do exactly what your heart and mind tell you to do. You will not lose any of this information.

If in the future you want to talk to me again, just start a new question that says:

FOR ELLIOTT

and I will answer it when I am at my desk (which is much of the time).

I wish you the best, William.

God bless.

Elliott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to work with you and another expert whose been or are a psychiatrist and an expert in Psychology also please.
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you so much for your vote of confidence. I would enjoy coninuing working with you, and you can always get me here.

I suggest that you work with Dr. VIkas, Psychiatrist. I have spoken to him online. He is a very smart MD and a very nice and polite person. You can see his credentials at this website:

http://www.justanswer.com/mental-health/expert-drvikas/

Start a NEW QUESTION and ask for Dr. Vikas. Asking a new question will still allow you to come back to THIS question and talk to me if you want or need to. It will also allow you to talk to Dr. Vikas and not just a random person.

I hope this helps you.

Enjoy your day. Try to get some fresh air and do something good for yourself today.

Warm regards,

Elliott

If you want to work
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Dear XXXXX,

The easiest way to ask Dr. Vikas a question is to go to the page I recommended

and you can start your question right there.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much Elliott and no problem from the last time you have problem(s) with your phone or phone provider when you said: I am so sorry for the delay. My cell phone went out and I had to talk to the phone company people who helped me fix it over the phone.