Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Diploma of Counselling and Transactional Analysis Counselling, Lifeline counselling, Pastoral Care.
44579284

I cannot sustain relationships with friends, I get so jealous

Customer Question

I cannot sustain relationships with friends, I get so jealous of them being friends with other people that I just shut down around them and degrade our relationship. It goes from seeing them as best friends and then I say I hate them a day later.
I keep eating even though I am so insecure about my body and then kick myself later for eating so much. I cut myself when I get into dark moods that seem to take hold of me (emptiness, anger), because I need to feel something.
I look around my room and can't seem to be looking through a stranger's eyes as if everything is new to me.
I used to smoke marijuana because it made me feel normal, but I am trying to quit, but I still crave it when I think about smoking.
Sometimes I feel like I'm not a real person.
Help me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Karyn Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello thank you for bringing your concerns to Just Answer...and I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties and truly feel for you in this..
To be honest with you I suspect' that you what you are trying to deal with here is know as a 'self' sabotaging' self defeating disorder of sorts...not easy to say the very' least..
This is unfortunately also usually associated with feelings of insecurity deep down almost on a 'subconscious' level..and becomes activated in and though your social life when you feel threatened in some way..
There is something going on way down deep inside ( on an emotional, psychological level ) that needs further exploration via a good kind caring and supportive counsellor as it will take time to work through to discover what it is that seems to 'trigger' these bouts or emotional episodes that serve only produce destructive results in your life..
What I have done is post a professional mental health website directory that will help you to locate a counsellor near you as this would be the 'best' investment you could make in yourself' to be sure..

http://www.findatherapist.com.au/

I truly pray with all my heart that you will find the courage to stp out just that little bit more and seek the professional help that you need to get you through this very hard place in your life..I promise you if you do you would never' look back..

Please take very good 'self care now won't you ..I know this will be hard for you but now is the time to be 'kind' to you!! because you !! deserve that..

Kind thoughts
Karyn J (ProfClinicalDipCoBmin)

p,s I sincerely apologize for any delay in responding as it has much to do with when I am next to be on line ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could I have a psychiatrist have a look at this because I'm fairly sure I have BPD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I would like a psychiatrist to look at this please.
Hi there, have just received your reply and thank you so much ..as it takes time to get to us here..with minimal staff on..
If you go to your Dr he or she will have a psychiatrist on their books that they could write a referral letter to this is usually the best way to get results as otherwise it takes months to get in to see one and be assessed as it sounds like a very good idea to me..
Your Dr and psychiatrist will work together to bring you the best results and any treatment plan that may be needed to help with your recovery plan..

Kind thoughts
Karyn
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Karyn
I have already booked an appointment with my doctor for the 3rd of February in order to get a referral to a psychiatrist. And I also have an appointment with my psychologist tomorrow afternoon.
Hi , that 'is ' great news you are already 'half' way there now and will be in very' good capable hands finding someone caring, understanding and supportive will help you very' much to get through this difficult time..
Kind thoughts
Karyn
Hi there, just wanted to add that your psychologist will most likely do a full assessment for you if you ask for bpd as this will be absolutely crucial in determining what it is that may be a predominant factor ..The assessment will involve family history, Dr and medical reports.. current symptoms ..and behavioral issues and thinking process..this will help him or her evaluate a correct assessment..
Hope this helps
Kind thoughts
Karyn
Hi there, just wanted to add that your psychologist will most likely do a full assessment for you if you ask for bpd as this will be absolutely crucial in determining what it is that may be a predominant factor ..The assessment will involve family history, Dr and medical reports.. current symptoms ..and behavioral issues and thinking process..this will help him or her evaluate a correct assessment..It usually takes between 2-3 weeks before you hear anything
Hope this helps
Kind thoughts
Karyn