Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Diploma of Counselling and Transactional Analysis Counselling, Lifeline counselling, Pastoral Care.

i am 30 weeks pregnant and feel very lonely. I have 3 boys

i am 30 weeks pregnant and feel very lonely. I have 3 boys aged 14,13,& 10. My husband is always working late. No doubt he tries his best but I feel he is trying to run away. He never accompany me for any visit to the gynae. He is leaving in a week time to another state to start a new job. Which going to make the matter even worst for me. I dont have any friends here. I get very little sleep at night and I hardly have any nap day time since my the pregnancy. My husbands behaviour disturbs me a lot.  I want his attention so badly but he just cant deliver it.  He worries me too much and I cant stand it.  I have wait for weekends for some time with him.  I will get very angry with him when he is not around during the weekend. I have no friends here to rely on.  I m always so worried and so disturbed. Worried it will effect my unborn child. Please help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Karyn Jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for bringing your concerns to Just Answer...and I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma ..and truly feel for you very much..not an easy road to be on by any means for you your husband and children, to say the very least..
I truly think the issues here is that you have evolved your social life and interests around your husband that he has become the center of your attention..and this has placed a great strain on you doubt causing you 'both' much anxiety .
This is a very vulnerable place to be for you who is most likely feeling that you don't have many options open to you right now especially as you are pregnant with your next baby..But!! the good news is that it doesn't have to be like this ..there are others out there who are in exactly the same place that you are in right now and are also searching to make 'a 'special' friend..all you have to do is take the time to find it..
This in turn would take the pressure off your husband who most likely feels that he has to be everything to you and ( no doubt is struggling very much with this pressure upon him) much so that he now feels a need to escape from it sadly.
All you need to do is reach out to others out to help you I have found a world friendly international website where you can make contact with others ( in Malaysia ) in your spare time so as to establish on going and genuine caring friendships with other mums, women seeking the same..and believe me there are lots!!
Do take good 'self care' now won't you the sooner you 'put yourself' out there, the better it will be for your marriage/relationship.When you have developed other interests and the pressure is off your husband he will be a different man ..guaranteed..
Being pregnant doesn't have to be a hindrance but rather let it work 'for you'
If you do you will feel much better for it in the end...

God bless and take very good 'self care now won't you..
kind thoughts and I know that you can do' this for you!!!
Karyn J (ProfClinicalDipCoBmin)