Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

Hey Dr. Vikas, one other question. The reason my anxiety

Customer Question

Hey Dr. Vikas, one other question.

The reason my anxiety has been so bad, is because I have a case of Prosatitis and I've been so stressed out because of it. Literally panicking 24-7 because it's not going away (been 3 weeks)

Every day, around 5-6 my skin starts to feel really hot, even though I am sometimes cold. I feel soooo much like I have a fever. Almost daily, my temp is 97.7 in the morning. 98.6 in the afternoon and then climbs to 99.2 at night. Then falling to 97.7 before sleep.

This pattern has been happening every day for 2 weeks.

Can stress and anxiety raise your body temperature and make you feel like you have a fever? My skin feels so hot even and I am sometimes cold. OR do you think the temp increases is a real fever from the infection?

Thank you SO much!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question. If fever is because of infection it can always be diagnosed with the help of related investigations by your doctor.

Therefore most likely your symptoms are because of anxiety and yes, anxiety and stress can make you feel this way and is very commonly reported symptoms by patients.

Please note that worrying over any type of illness can't help you in curing it but may aggravate if further so just try to relax.

Best wishes,

Vikas

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you soooo much Dr. Your the best!
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
You are most welcome.

Best wishes,

Vikas