Dr. Colby
Dr. Colby, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed psychologist in WA. Areas of practice are clinical psychology, forensic psychology and clinical neuropsychology.

Hello, I have been having a problem for several years and

Customer Question

Hello, I have been having a problem for several years and I need help, anyways I have been suffereing from severe worrying, I always worry that something bad is going to happen to my loved ones especially if I call them and they don't return my phone calls right away I automatically think something terrible has happend. it has gotten so bad that now I can't even focus on my daily activities untill I hear from them, I even can't sleep at night because I think I'm gonna receive a terrible phone call that I fear. I used to be a really happy person I don't know what happened this constsnt worrying is taking over my life, I also have a very bad temper, small things can set me off to the point where I want to pop pills. Im always paranoid and scared and I can't take it anymore I'm too young to be this way I still have my whole life ahead of me and this constant worrying is stopping me from the things that I want to do in life because I worry that im not good enough to do the things I want to do. I just don't know what to do I need help asap
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Colby replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Colby :

Hi, this is Dr. Colby. I'm curious; you indicated the level of urgency was low, but you also sound like your level or urgency is pretty high. How come?

Besides that, however, are there any situations or subjects (or people) about which/whom you do not seem to worry, people or situations or subjects familiar to you, that is?

Sometimes, differentiating areas that do not cause so much worry can lead us to suggestions about what might help. Also, you mentioned pills. What kind of pills to you pop when worrying? Prescriptions? Yours or others? Any info on this would help, too. Do you use tobacco? Do you use alcohol? Do you sleep well and have an average appetite? All of these subjects can affect worry.

Customer : G
Dr. Colby :

Could you give me more info -- all I got was "G".

Dr. Colby :

Are you still there and wanting help? Could you give me some more information?