Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice
16903060

I honestly dont know whats wrong. I wake up every day and want to go back to s

I honestly don't know what's wrong. I wake up every day and want to go back to sleep but I can't. I have no drive to do things that used to be the easiest things in the world. I crave loving affection, a hug from a girl, a kiss, someone to hold my hand and I will litterslly do anything for it. But I can't stand any woman that will talk to me. I have gotten to the point of screaming at women, which is to me absolutely morally unacceptable. I have days where I will be so driven to improve myself that I will work out until I can no longer lift my arms. And I have days like today where my stomach and cheat hurt so bad that I feel like crying constantly, but if I trying crying I feel stupid because I cannot think of anything to cry about that would make sense to anyone in their right mind. I cant sleep at night and all I ever want to do during the day is sleep... I'm so confused....
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Kappler :

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer!

Dr.Kappler :

So you want to either sleep all day or work out till you drop. You long for female companionship but find that most woman make you want to scream. You would like to cry but realize that compared to your parents existence yours is nothing to weep over. It is like trying to play solitaire with a deck of 51. Your life is not coming together but it is tearing apart. I can remember exactly such feelings when I was getting close to the end of my teenage years.

Dr.Kappler :

Do you have some career goals or personal goals in mind? Usually having such goals will help immensely with the turbulent emotions this time in your life brings. Having been rejected from a college you wanted to go to, having a girlfriend break up with you (or when I was 18 having a low draft number) all can create these feelings. It is a desire to have more control over your life and the desire to be appreciated affectionately by a woman you are attracted to which is not happening that causes this type of transatory depression.

Dr.Kappler :

To remedy this situation you need to set some realistic goals for yourself. This will give you more of a sense of control of your life and reduce your emotional mood swings.

Dr.Kappler :

I see that you are currently off-line. I have responded to your request as best as I can. If you have more to add about the situation feel free to do so. If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the accept button. Experts are paid only for each accepted answer they provide.

Customer: I want help I do... I know this is your job... But this is my life... I don't know what's wrong... It's not just girls its everything. And it seems to always be present. I'm always actively trying to solve it, but no matter what I do, what I fix I always hurt.
Customer: Everyone treats me like it's just me being a teenager. But none of the teenager answers are true or accurate. None of my peers understand. None of my counsellors understand. And it's partly due to the fact that their attempts drive me insane, I feel like no one looks into me at all, I feel like they just write me off. I feel alone in a world full of people that claim they will "help". I hate myself. I hate waking up. I hit puberty at 9, I'm fine with hormones I think... I just want something... It's never there either. I find that possessions fill the void temporarily, and I've become a thief... I'm sick over it. I hate it. I tell people I stole their stuff and they hate me over it. I know they will too. I think about it for days. Sometimes I don't even notice... I just want something to fill my chest... My heart aches always. My head has been pounding almost 24/7 for over a month... And I can't afford a councillor, my school councillor is a football coach and he made me break up with my girlfriend... 3 years ago
Dr.Kappler :

OK so here is the next step. If it is more than just being an adolescent and it is not a lack of goals. Your counselors don't understand you nor is their empathy reaching you. You try to grasp and solve your problems but you feel like your solutions only hurt other people. You have not mentioned any particular cause for this state of mind which led me to believe it was a phase of life problem that has to do with issues of autonomy and independence.

Dr.Kappler :

Yet you present me with a more paranoid strain of thought when you state that others are trying to "drive you insane" and you feel all alone in the world. You feel others reject you and in turn you hate yourself. Your desires for things quickly fades and you have become jaded. You even find yourself stealing from yur friends and then telling them, knowing they will reject you for it.

Dr.Kappler :

So this then moves to some other diagnoses. If it has been six months or less then it is an adjustment disorder. If it is linger and you have been arrested as a teen then it is a antisocial personality disorder. ASPD is described by the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, fourth edition (DSM-IV-TR), as an Axis II personality disorder characterized by "...a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood. It may also be an identity disorder which has more to do with not having a clear idea of who you really are.

Dr.Kappler :

Your school counselor is clearly over his head and I would walk out on anyone who tells me to end a relationship. That is MY decision not HIS! You need some consistent help from an experienced therapist. All psychologists are required to see a few patients pro bono (free of charge.) When I had a private practice I never turned patients away. Keep looking and you can find someone. Try the local Psychological Association.

Dr.Kappler :

Here are some free online therapy sites for adolescents:

Dr.Kappler :

recoveryourlife.com
dailystrength.org
boystown.org
befrienders.org
samaritans.org
eftuniverse.com
eftmastersworldwide.com

Customer: I find myself not wanting to hit the accept button at all because I don't want to lose someone to talk to. Thank you. Im not sure if it has helped or if I just feel better today and I'll freak out again another. But I do feel much better today, and it's all I could ask for. Definately worth 30 bucks. Thank you again for your help.
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience: 25 years in private practice