Ask Eleanor
Ask Eleanor, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Marriage & Family Therapist/Prof. Counselor for 20 years
57558633

how can I discover my physical source for artist block?

Ask Eleanor :

Hello, I am here for you and am happy to respond. Please give me more information. What is your art? How long have you felt blocked?

JACUSTOMER-xbh1wbm2- :

I am very creative in all areas of art as well as sewing, knitting, etc, some designing, ie: purses, bags, clothes, etc. I am constantly flooded with ideas but just can't get myself motivated to do any of them. This has gone on for many years, especially when I was depressed. I am no longer depressed and want to create.

Ask Eleanor :

You hit the accept button by mistake. That's okay, we can continue and if you are satisfied with my reponse, we need to do nothing further. If you are not, then I will request a refund for you. Do you have cycles of being creative and depressed?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I use to use my art to express my emotional pain but I have dealt with that, now ----? I don't know
I see. Well most art comes from pain. It sounds to me as if you have not completely dealt with your pain and this is why your art is blocked. What do you think?