TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Kate, I really dont know if I can get through this. I have

I really don't know if I can get through this. I have already been through so much. I'm not feeling sorry for myself really. I am just being realistic. I have so many issues/hang-ups already.

Plus I doubt my therapist would believe me if I told her anyway. Nobody will believe me. So in a sense, I am going to be alone with this no matter what. That is very depressing. I really am getting so very tired of this uphill battle. I'm not sure what i should do about my life.

Whether or not your therapist believes you is not why you should or should not tell her. She is not there to judge you, she is there to help you no matter what problems you have. If she is not doing that, it may be time to either talk to her about that or find someone new to see.

The only way you are going to feel better is if you move forward. If that takes one day at a time or even one moment at a time, it's worth it. Staying as you are now and not trying to move ahead is only going to keep you feeling bad. You may have more than your fair share of bad things happen, but if you don't get back up and try, you will only give up and that won't help anyone, particularly your daughter who needs you.