TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Kate, Thanks for your suggestions and quick reply. I am

Thanks for your suggestions and quick reply. I am so distraught about this. I did go to the hospital this morning after dropping my daughter off at school.

I think it will be nearly impossible to share it with my therapist. I feel very sad and overwhelmed. I can't even remember what coping mechanisms we talked about. I can look back at ou email though.

I wish so much I could share with someone. It is very heavy for me to carry alone. i feel very isolated and alone. I realize this is my fault.

I just don't know what to do. Life is far too tough to deal with.

I hope they were able to help you at the hospital. I assume they did not admit you but hopefully they did let you talk to someone.

Your therapist is there to help you with this very type of thing. What you say is confidential, so it will not leave that room. You can feel safe letting her know. She knows you best and therefore can help you find ways to cope.

Sometimes the hardest part of dealing with something like this is taking the first step and telling someone. Keeping it to yourself makes it feel worse, because you cannot see if objectively enough to sort it out and find answers. Even if it's not your therapist that you tell, but a trusted friend or family member, it is better than keeping it to yourself.

Here is one of the links I gave you in the past. It provides some tips on how to deal with how you feel:

See if it helps. Also, don't forget to care for yourself. Plenty of fluids, eat well, sleep as much as you normally do and writing out your feelings are all ways to help yourself. Get out at least once a day too. It's too easy to keep yourself inside and have your depression take over.