TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Kate, Something horrible happend to me yesteday. What is

Something horrible happend to me yesteday. What is worse is that I can't possibly tell anyone about it. How can I push it aside and just deal with what is on my plate lready? Is this possiible?

Plus I have therap tomorrow andI I know I can't tell her about it. The main problem is how do I deal with ita non-descructive way?

I know this message is sort of cryptic but I can't tell you abou tit.

i need help.

It is hard to help if I don't know what is going on, but I understand your need to keep it to yourself until you are ready. The best I can tell you is that you can push whatever it is aside if it is non life threatening and if you can eventually share it, at least with your therapist. If it is traumatizing, it is going to affect your ability to deal with your other issues because you will not be able to completely resolve your feelings. This incident will keep bringing up your feelings until you have dealt with it. And cutting may be one of them if that is the only way you have to release how you feel.

You might want to try writing it down or telling someone who you can trust so you can at least get it off your chest and out into the open a little bit. It may help you feel less burdened until you are ready to work on it with your therapist. Also, try your regular coping mechanisms and the ones we have talked about. They will help you find alternatives to cope with how you feel until you can share what is going on.