Suzanne
Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.
32195369

ASK SUZANNE, I Wrestle with 2 thoughts. On the one hand,

ASK SUZANNE, I Wrestle with 2 thoughts. On the one hand, I want to think about Anthony, my son, other people etc. When I do this I feel good. On the other hand, I'm a little down because i got my hair done yesterday and it didn't quite come out the way I had hoped. Also I'm still trying to loose weight and I ate too much yesterday. One of my sister-in-laws is absolutely gorgeous and I wish I was. My husband is always kind to me, but constantly improving my appearance is something I'm always working on. How important is looks? How much does it matter what a person looks like?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

I think the most important thing to remember is that your husband chose YOU to marry--which means that the way you look looks good to him. We women beat ourselves up for every little flaw, and compare ourselves to others. But one thing I've learned over the years is that no one else looks at us as critically as we look at ourselves.

Keep in whatever shape makes you feel good about yourself (healthy, strong) and let the rest go. Hair will grow--sometimes the cuts that don't look that good right after they're done are the ones that grow in really well.

This is truly a case of don't sweat the small stuff--because haircuts and appearance really are small stuff. Remember your husband picked you, and he'd rather see you happy and confident than he would care about a couple of pounds more or less.