Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.

ASK SUZANNE, its like I struggle with two things. On the

ASK SUZANNE, it's like I struggle with two things. On the one side, I've been appreciating anthony and very good to him. On the other hand, i still wish he would come on to me and be attracted to me....but he simply has no desire. I have an internal fight that a- wants to be good to him but b- still hates him for rejecting me physically. any advice?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

If memory serves me, doesn't he have physical/medical reasons that affect his desire? Did he ever get his testosterone level checked?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
His testosterone level came back normal. Psycholgically he has no desire. He has told me this. He just has no desire and no sexual thoughts. He has to take cialis to get an errection. It just really hurts me because this has been a problem for years now. I honestly hate my marriage when I think about our sex life.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

I guess the big question is whether the rest of what the two of you have together is enough to keep you in the marriage, even without sex. That question is too important to be fully explored here--I hope you are talking to your psychologist about this issue. You'll have to weigh the importance of your son having both parents, your ability to raise him by yourself while having to work, and all the other issues that come with such a decision. I can imagine it must be hard to keep your self-esteem at a healthy level when your husband doesn't want to connect physically.

(If by any chance your husband is on an antidepressant, that can really affect desire as well as make getting an erection much more difficult).