Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.

Does. The lack off sleep. Effect hallucinations after three

Does. The lack off sleep. Effect hallucinations after three or four days. What else could it do to your mental stability.? I feel like I have to do things to keep awake, and can't allow myself to rest.

Thanks for bringing your question to JustAnswer.

Yes, sleep deprivation can cause hallucinations, paranoia, depression, mood swings, and irrational thoughts. When interrogators want to break someone down, they deprive the person of sleep. Lack of sleep also causes weight gain.

It seems likely that you could be having a manic episode. That would explain why it feels like you can't allow yourself to rest--it feels as if there is something inside making you push past the fatigue and keep going.

It's really dangerous to go for several days without sleeping, because it will affect your judgment and ability to make good decisions. Please call your MD first thing this morning and let him know what's going on with you.