Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

Hey, so its been a while since ive submitted a question. Things

Customer Question

Hey, so it's been a while since ive submitted a question. Things have gotten much better for me, and the bicurious thoughts have almost completely diminished. Guess I was just being confused for a moment there. Lately I've used the Ed drug, cialis from time to time to help me with my anxiety towards sexual intercourse. I don't need it every time, but most of the time I'll need to help me perform the way I used to before the sexual anxiety started to kick in. I'm coming to you now for more ways to find a way around having to use this pill. It works impeccably, but I'd like to be my old self again. I have an amazing beautiful girlfriend how, and I'd like to not have to use the pill as often with her, and just be sexual with her as a normal person like everyone else does with their spouse. Plead help, thank you!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 years ago.
This is Dr. David

there are erection aids outside of cialis to help with confidence. the best one would be something like a penile pump. this uses a vacume pump to help draw blood into the penis and helps create an erection. if used properly, it can help you get erections more easily naturally. these can be purchased at medical supply stores or even online.
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 5 years ago.
I apologize that it took me so long to respond. I can see why you would like to hav sex without the use of an aid. My suggestion at this point is for you to thnk back when you get aroused. For example, when you masterbate, are you ae to maintain a ction? If so what aroused you? Then, ask yourself what about your grlfriend arouses you? When having sex, visualize these aspects of that causes tour arousal.
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience: 10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The thing that's crazy is even when I masterbate I sometimes have a difficult time getting aroused because all I can think about sometimes is the failure I experienced when I have sex without the aid. I used cialis again last night for valentines day and it worked great. I hate that it works so well, hahah. I was worried though knowing it was valentines day and all, I wanted everything to go right, you know? Anyway, I'd like to hear another method for clearing my thoughts and just going with the flow of things...how should I try this?
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your response. Before providing recommendations I have a few questions. How often do you engage in sexual activity including masturbation. Have you ever been humiliated when you had sex or masturbating? How often do you use ED aid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I engage in sexual stimulation almost everyday, unless I am busy with more important matters. Obviously, on days that I masturbate before I see my girlfriend I tend to struggle with intercourse most times. I've never really been humiliated, but did get a very negative response "not getting it up" with my previous gf. Thats what kind of set this whole thing off in the first place. I use the ED aid probably about 75% of the time now. I feel like im going into a battle with no gun or something now. I have to feel that comfort most times. its so easy when I use the aid. Feels the way I did before I had this problem getting it up.
What would happen if you don't engage in sexual activity daily? The reason I say this is because having an erection and ejaculating daily will be impossible to do because of the depletion of hormones. If you decrease your sexual activity, you will feel aroused and have sex without any medications.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So you're suggesting that sexual stimulation and climaxing on a daily basis isn't entirely natural? I know that I need to cut back on the masturbation, but sexual climaxing even when it involves sex with my gf on a daily basis isn't a great idea? At least iny case anyway?
That is correct. The male body has a refractory period after ejaculation and that is why males cannot have multiple orgasms. The older you get, the body doesn't produce as many hormones you need to be aroused and to climax. That is why ED occurs in older men or those with medical issues.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, that makes sense, but I'm only 25 years old, and don't really have any health issues other than having high blood pressure which I've now gotten under control mostly

What type of high blood pressure medications are you on? This can also affect the way your hormones are being released as well.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had the issue prior to being on medication, but it was amlodapine. I haven't taken the meds in over a month now, and the problem still seems to persist. If anything, I think the Bp meds actually helped slightly, since it helped me relax more about my condition
Please consider decreasing your sexual activity from daily to a few times a week. This should help you with your current issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will do. Thank you