Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults

I am diagnosed as Schizo Affective Bipolar Type. I dont hallucinate but have had pr

I am diagnosed as Schizo Affective Bipolar Type.
I don't hallucinate but have had problems with paranoia and social ineptness. A friend thinks I am autistic and am not a schizophrenic. She has psychology training.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 4 years ago.

Brad :

Thank you for your post. You did not pose a question, but I am assuming you may be asking for a diagnostic clarification. Before answering your question regarding if you have autism or not, I want to make clear that this forum does not allow me to be accurate in my diagnosing since I need to meet people in person to make a diagnosis. Having said that, I want to you let you know that a diagnosis is a way for clinicians to communicate each other symptom clusters. What's more meaningful for you is to understand your symptoms and how to decrease them. Having said this, what are your current symptoms that make you wonder if you have autism or schizoaffective disorder?