Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.

I have told my husband that his lack of being there for me

I have told my husband that his lack of being there for me for 14 years, infidelity, drugs, lack of trust has brought me to where I'm no longer wanting the marriage. Unfortunately, I met a man from church, and now my husband is blaming me for I feel guilty and sad for my husband because he's begging, after the last three years of telling me we're done. Now he's telling all my familiy how he's changed, but he hasn't. He's in my house until we sell it, but he keeps pressuring me to give it another chance, and consider the kids, etc..... I'm tired of it, and I can tell him a 100 times but he says he wont give up, and although I know my feelings for my friend from church are a little ill timed, we're in love and we'll have a great life together. We have a month 1/2 or two before the home sells. How do I get the point across to him? I don't want to get mean and tell him to stop begging or leave cause I'm trying to save face a little, if you want the truth, but its just a difficult situation I've got myself into.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 4 years ago.
I think you just need some encouragement.

You are doing the right thing. Just hurry up and get it done.

As for him making you feel guilty, confused, mean or what ever; if you haven't learned to deal with his con-man, addict crap by now maybe you deserve to live with him a while longer. If you are going to believe a lying, manipulator who has every reason to confuse, discredit, and manipulate you then what can I say? except don't be stupid any more, stop it! Just because he is sick doesn't mean you must be.

Be strong.

Mark Manley