Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

In 1985 suffered a severe car crash I was so close to death

In 1985 suffered a severe car crash I was so close to death I even remember giving up but something brought me back, I was thrown out of the vehicle and it followed me and pinned me to some railings, sometimes when I think back mabey I shoud have given up because I saw death and it wasn't frightening. Anyway the crash was like being bombed by a missile since that day in 1985 I don't think I've had a proper sleep and you know the rest waking up terrified covered in sweat waken with a feeing of a stranger that makes you shudder.I sleep about one hour before I try again Anyway must I always take drugs will I everl feel good in the day and don't start me on painkillers. Anyway is there some sort of diagnostic for this and any cure?
Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through. It sounds like you had a serious car accident in 1985. You've suffered from Post Traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)- flashbacks, nightmares and anxiety- since then. I would advise you to work with a psychologist specialzing in PTSD/trauma, Cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) and/or EMDR. The most common treatment modalities for PTSD include cognitive-behavioral treatment (CBT), pharmacotherapy, EMDR, group treatment, and psychodynamic treatment. You may need to see a licensed psychotherapist who specializes in PTSD. Cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) and EMDR(Eye Movement desensitization and reprocessing) will work for both PTSD. You may find a licensed psychologist or psychotherapist who SPECIALIZES IN EMDR and/or CBT and PTSD & anxiety in a community clinic, a local hospital or a private office setting. Or contact your insurance company and get a list of providers with the specialty. Additionally, I would advise you to try yoga, massage therapy, acupuncture, nutritional therapy, and Biofeedback to reduce stress and anxiety and promote relaxation and healing from trauma. I hope you get well with all available help. Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well tonight so far ive slept 1.5 hours which is good for me, although I wokup thinking i was on fire and soaked. I'm refusing to take my painkiers (mehadone) and feel the worst ever. I've got 750 vaiums but I'm eating them like sweets. what dosage should i take? all my heating is on and i'm sti cod.

I have a fear of doctors since I was admited into an asylym 1i 1983 smoking a joint I no onger see any point in fighting this my legs are in contant pain (they sewed one foot back on)and i'm at a loss because of my fear,

P.S. I never confide in Gp's
Hi there,
I can imagine how anxious you must have felt for years since you had the accident.
It sounds like taking the medication doesn't seem to be helping you much.
You still have trouble falling asleep. I can't answer the amount of dosage you should take now.
You should take the right amount of medication as prescribed by your doctor. Can you call your doctor now?
Can you go to an emergency room of a hospital?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't even know who my Dr is and it is late, My good psychiatrist has classed me with having acute schizophrenia so I must be really arefu of how many tablets I take. because of the pain i TOOK STREET drugs so I can;t do anything to make a decent life. My family have a large business and property but I'd like them to live for ever when I do get the inheritance I hope it's not to late as I would pay £2000+ to have proper treatment.
Hi there,
Thank you for waiting.
You may need to work with a specialist (a psychiatrist and a psychologist) in PTSD and anxiety.
Taking the medication only may not help you.
You may need comprehensive treatment - weekly psychotherapy, stress reduction/relaxation techniques, nutritional therapy, environmental modification (you may need residential treatment) etc..
I know it may cost lots of money to get comprehensive and specialized treatment. Can you ask your parents to help you out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry the way I fee now I oudn't do these things, I would just love to have a warm syringe and god will shine. but as I've said I've given up drugs. My family would do anything for me and my son wants his dad back. I can't see a way out sorry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Don't be concerned I live in Swansea uk where people are cruel to others
I'll go through this nightmare alone. it has to be I'm only concerned with my Loved ones loosing me. I'll go to he and back if I must.

And thanks for the thoughts
Hi there,

Let me say I can imagine you've suffered a lot for years since you had the accident.
You must have PTSD and anxiety. You may have become dependent on drugs to numb your anxiety and panic attacks.
Can you go to residential treatment for your family and your son?
Can you relocate to another city where you feel safe and commit to specialized treatment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi awake again but did get a few hours, why can't a just seep a full eight without waking.I've Read all you wrote and although they so und great for some people. I'm going to get of the kilers and start curcuit training.d this would not only increase my size but make me He Man agian;-) I use to train with the royal marines and was offered a place in the elite army fittest I've ever been. I'l stenthen my legs (no pain no gain)

Yeah I've allways been a fighter and you have inspired me to get back there and show em You see I have a double so look out Twins so when i train i can think about beating him. I hope these methadone withdrwles go soon I would honesty be so emotional, my plans are to get off thr kilers tone my body ready for anything and then i'm going to get out of this place and emigrate, I will do it I get sad synderome and love hot countries, then maybe meet a beautiful woman like you and live a fanastic life;-) seriously I have to do it this is worse than prison! and I am a good an honest man.

maybe I should swap places, Yeah thanks for making me feel a little better and for giving me ideas agian, do you know since I've stopped the methadone my brain is more focused but I am craving so much I could go for help but am too proud and would rather suffer, The swine's 10 years! they said i'd be taking it for 3 weeks. look at me I've only just woken up and my brain is doing 180mph I'm even going to try to clean, wash up my clothes and shower my son will be so happy.right I didn't take a sleeping tablet last nigh but I'll take two valiums now, they do help even tough they are from the blackmarket.

Oh yeah do buy my biography I will expose all the rats who ruined my life for smoking Gods given plant! Not being given Nazi synthetic Heroin, And please try to stop these Dr's giving it to others the only reason is it costs such a small amount to produce Hiter ordered his scientists to make something incase they ran out of heroin, if only the Americans hadn't found it. I'd still have at least 20 friends still alive today,, oh well gotto move although I am so tired I will fight it!

Thanks again for your knowledge and don't forget the book you'll be mesmerised.

Hi there,
Thank you for your response.
Got your message today.
I will be back with my answer today.
Hi there,
Thank you for waiting.
I can see you've struggled with anxiety and sleep disturbance.
I understand you needed a quick fix (drugs) at times to handle daily tasks and routines.
You are welcome. I would advise you to try something new and alternative for your current situation/condition.
It sounds like you've felt stuck in terms of your anxiety and sleep problems.
Perhaps, you may need to change your environment - leave your town and stay at another city for intensive treatment.
You seem to have energy, good will, and a wit.
I hope you maintain hope and stick to better treatment for yourself, your son and family.
All the best,