Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

Left & Right

Customer Question

My wife sets up all the photos in our house. Very rarely will you see her standing to "her" right in any photos since she was young. When she does stand to her right it is usually where she seems uncomfortable or awkward. What does this suggest?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 2 years ago.

Hi! You know, to give you the best answer, I think I should ask you a few questions first that will help define the problem and the situation.

That you are asking this question implies quite strongly that you believe there is some importance in this behavior on her part. By itself it would not necessarily mean something very suggestive of anything serious. So I'm wondering:

Do you have a concern about your wife that you think this behavior is tied into?

What is that concern? Can you share as much as you can about it?

Any extra information that will help, feel free to share.

Dr. Mark

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After 6 years of marriage, 2 children ages 5 & 1. I have been reading that my wife meets multiple definitions of being an extreme narcissist.

As I look back on our marriage it all stated to make since and she has evolved to the point of being not only a danger to herself but a danger to our kids.

I think that her evolution is about a year off from grave danger but I have discovered this in the nic of time.

I conducted a few of my own experiments on her to confirm what I though I knew rather than playing games.

I shifted many of the pictures on our walls around that have been in place for sometime and she glanced but did not notice to say anything.

I think she is disconnected from reality much more than I thought. I cleaned the house so nothing was messy.

After she fell asleep I purposely shifted things around again but this time I took all of her personal items an placed them randomly in a mess to see her reaction.

She because extremely irritated the next morning and blamed me for the mess although all the items we hers. She has always I instructed me not to touch those items, and that they we things of hers that she has not worn for years.

I did not notice the right and left aspect of her pictures until I started reading about narcissism. I think it is just some thing very specific to her and a major piece to this odd and troubling puzzle.

I have been trying to make a connection to the term chirality and dismorphia.

If you recieved the pictures I attached to this question, maybe you can now see a little bit more of what I am asking?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anyone out there who can answer these questions for me? You can have the money. And I will not use you diagnosis as the gospel. I really just want to educate myself on some specifics of how my wife thinks and How I might be able to find the proper help for her.
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and response. I have a few questions based on your posts. What makes you think she has narcissistic traits? Although i am unable to provide a diagnosis over this forum, your description of her behaviors seems to be obsessive-compulsive to me, but I could be wrong.