Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

I am very fearful of my husband. He is abusive in a psychological

I am very fearful of my husband. He is abusive in a psychological way. I find that I have no rights, I have lost myself - I am so worried about myself. I have no money. We are in trouble with the IRS. I cannot get away - I have nothing and he will make certain that I suffer in a major way if I leave. He is vengeful. He is also a doctor and seems completely normal to anyone who knows him as a patient. His co-workers have complained about him for his habits at work forever. He just blames everyone else. I have always had a quiet fear that he would kill me somehow. I am helpless, unless I want to be homeless. I know that I am slowly dying from the inside. I can barely think for myself anymore. He is so cruel - he says words that cut like a knife. We have 3 amazing daughters that I would never want to harm. But I am so afraid and I have no one to lean on. Can you help me? He doesn't even know me. He assigns motives and feelings to me that I don't even dream of. We have slept in separate rooms for 20 years. I am very scared of him and I cannot in any way feel any physical attraction. I hyperventilate if I am in that situation with him. How in the world can I get free?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this.

Bill :

In over 30 years of practice it is quite clear to me based on clinical experience that your husband is what we refer to as a "Malignant Narcissist."

Bill :

This is a personality disorder, predominant among men vs women and they are incapable of having a deep meaningful relationship. Although they are often very successful, they seek adoration of others (as many Doctors do) and this fulfills their Narcissistic need for envy and self love. They have no insight and when they are confronted they become angry, blaming and abusive.

Bill :

The prognosis for change with this type of person is very poor as they have no insight or capacity to look at their own issues.

Bill :

I am going to give you some helpful information to learn more about this type.

Bill :

The best thing a person in your situation can do is to get into therapy and sort out your options. This type of personality has shown to worsen with age and as stated above, are not likely to change.

Bill :

There are also many support groups online for people who are married to a Narcissist.

Bill :

Make sure that you choose a therapist/Psychiatrist that understands NPD.

Bill :

Should you have additional questions of me, feel free to ask and I will repsond.

Bill :

respond.

Bill :

Otherwise, I wish you the best with this very difficult situation.

Bill :

Bill

Customer:

Thank you for the information. Thank you for validating this horror. Can you recommend a therapist in Dallas?

Bill :

Hold on a second.

Customer:

Okay

Bill :

Contact:

Bill :

Dr. Ronald Fleischmann

Psychiatrist , MD

Office

XXXXX
Suite 712
Dallas, Texas 75225

Contact Information

phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Bill :

He has specialized interest in NPD.

Bill :

His profile is above. He will help you or know someone that can.

Bill :

I wish you the very best, Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME

Customer:

Thank you very much, Bill. And I wish you a happy New Year, after all.

Bill :

Same to you..........only the best,

Bill :

Bill

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.