Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

Hi again Doc, I have also been diagnosed with left frontal

Hi again Doc, I have also been diagnosed with left frontal TLE. Lamectin did not agree with me. Will be seeing a Neurologist end of January. Could this condition contribute to my anxiety and depression, will valerian help me??? Thanks Cindy
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 5 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, if you have been diagnosed with TLE , then i must tell you that this type of epilepsy has got its own psychiatric manifestations which include anxiety and depression , so TLE could very well be the cause of your depression and anxiety..so it will be a good option to seek help of a neurologist in this regard and take his opinion . but i would like you to continue on the drug regime , ofcourse the revised regime as we have discussed earlier..

Secondly , valerian is a herbal medicine , which is effective for inducing sleep in those who have insomnia , however , nowadays increasingly researchers are endorsing it as a product which can help in depression , anxiety , stress as well..

Since it is a herb and the side effects are almost nil , so there is only positive to take from this medicine , so i will suggest that you give valerian a try , atleast it will help with your sleep , if nothing else..

I hope this helps..

Wish you all the best..

Regards...