Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Experience:  35 years experience counseling children and families

I have already paid the $22 from

I have already paid the $22 from my Paypal acct (it is showing up in that acct now), but was re-directed to an email in my hotmail because I had forgotten my password...Now I cannot find the question I had already asked and a doctor, Jeanne XXXXXXX (I believe was the name) was waiting to help me with. I do not want to pay another $22 and cannot find out what to do. Will the $22 I have already paid answer this question? If so, I will ask it again. I have fractured my foot and due to anxiety and claustrophobic issues my doctor gave me a prescription for Xanax for the next month or so. I am presently taking those twice a day...Once in the a.m. and once before bedtime. I will be in my cast and wheelchair for 3-4 mos., so if I continue to take the Xanax for a month or more, will I need to taper off when going off of it? I will be in touch with my doctor, however, with the holidays I can't reach her. I just want to be careful with the Xanax. Please let me know if I am taking this in an acceptable manner and if tapering off will be necessary. Thank you so much. Debbie XXXXXXX
Hello and thank you for consulting JA,

I was able to see both of your questions...I asked for a refund on the first one so you should only get charged once.

To answer your question, I need to know the dosage of Xanax.

Thank you..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the refund you have asked for. I appreciate that. The dosage of Xanax is 0.5 mg every 8 hours. I usually take first thing in the morning and then early evening, at least 8 hours apart.
Thanks for the additional information. The way you are taking your medication is safe. Tapering off may be necessary but at this dose you should not experience withdrawal. When you taper, you'll probably need do go to 1/2 tab twice daily for a week, then once daily and then off....

Each person is different regarding the the tapering is just a precaution.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am also taking Hydrocodone for pain and to help me sleep at bedtime, usually about 5 or 6 hours after my second dosage of Xanax. So far this has not seemed to be a problem and I am hoping I don't have to continue taking it for much longer. However, is there any problems with this? I also have to take Benadryl once a day for allergies...Is this a problem?

I knew about the hydrocodone which you mentioned in your other post....only one dose at bedtime is very safe and acceptable. The Benadryl is also no problem. Some people use Benadryl as a sleep aid, so it may make you drowsy.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, everything you are doing is at the minimal daily dosages and very safe.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am still struggling with anxiety and claustrophobia even with the Xanax. The anxiety and claustrophobia just started around menapause, which I started at the young age of 38 yrs. However, these two issues became more prevalent gradually and now are pretty big issues with me. I also struggle with depression for which I have taken Lexapro in the past. However, that has not been an issue for me again, but I fear it will become that during this long stint with this foot. I need some suggestions on how to keep myself from being so anxious and to keep myself from going into a depression. Please give me some practical suggestions if possible. I do have two jobs that I work and I know that being busy helps...but I also have an issue of getting around in my workplaces due to an old injury on my other foot. I feel I am facing a lot and I don't know how to do that well. Please give me any suggestions or advice you may have and thank you so much.
Well there are some things you can do in a self help manner but you would also benefit from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and the antidepressant. The antidepressant will also help anxiety.

To do some cognitive therapy on your own, I would recommend this book by David Burns and all his other books too....

Other than need to exercise daily (even in the wheelchair); get out into the sunshine (let it shine on your face a few times daily for a few minutes); eat healthy and get enough sleep. You may also benefit for Vit D3 2000 mg daily and Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 mg capsules daily. Also, St. John's Wart may help in place of the antidepressant (but this is something to check with doctor).

Hope this helps.....wishes for Happier New Year....