AgapeDoc
AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Experience:  Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.
55589990

Should I be feeling good after 11 weeks on Remeron, abilify,

Customer Question

Should I be feeling good after 11 weeks on Remeron, abilify, Effexor and rivortril, after major depression with very severe anxiety?? I have palpitations in the afternoon, my mood is still not great and I'm still anti social. Tingling and pins and needles in my feet late afternoon and left shoulder muscle pain, lethargic. Normally outgoing.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  AgapeDoc replied 2 years ago.

AgapeDoc :

Thanks for contacting Just Answer...

AgapeDoc :

I have read your question and I think I can answer it and give you some guidance. It is always my intention to answer my customer's questions and exceed their expectations. If you are satisfied with my efforts, will you click on the green accept button?

AgapeDoc :

OK... I can see you are off line...

AgapeDoc :

Let me go ahead and see if I can answer with what you have posted so far..

AgapeDoc :

The short answer to your question is not easy to state, but let me give it a shot....

AgapeDoc :

Yes, one would hope that by now (given the amount of time you have been taking the meds) that you would be feeling better.

AgapeDoc :

However....

AgapeDoc :

Even the drug companies admit that their medications don't always do what we hope they would do. And when they do, it is with varying degrees.

AgapeDoc :

The issue is, well there are a couple of issues....

AgapeDoc :

One is the medical model and most medical doctors look to medication to fix things - it is how they have been trained and most times it is a good model to follow...

AgapeDoc :

However, in all too many cases, such as yours, the patient is not getting the results that she or he desires. Granted sometimes that result does not exist (based on the patients expectations).

AgapeDoc :

However....

AgapeDoc :

There are other remedies that are generally not accepted by the traditional medical model. For example, many of my clients have found tremendous relief with hypnotherapy. I am not a hypnotherapist, but I have referred many of my clients to one and it has been wonderful for them. Many of them have been suffering from depression and anxiety such as you.

AgapeDoc :

Please understand that I am not recommending that you stop taking your meds and anything you do should be discussed with your primary physician - but I am merely trying to answer the question you posted.

AgapeDoc :

I hope I have helped and answered your question. If you have more questions, please post them here - but if you are satisfied with my efforts, please don't forget to click on the green accept button.

AgapeDoc :

Thanks