Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.
56283723

I have been in 2 relationships in my life. each one lasting

I have been in 2 relationships in my life. each one lasting about 5yrs. I have only had sex with these 2 women. I suffer from premature ejaculation. I only last about a minute and I'm done. I need to know if my dysfunction can be fixed and what the best remedy would be. I am 40 yrs old and recently single again. This has been a problem from the first time I had sex to now.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Great question you are asking. Good for you for reaching out for help.

Yes there are options for you to correct this difficulty. If you haven't had a physical exam with your medical doctor lately this would be a good place to start. Be sure to discuss your concerns with the doctor so he/she can rule out any physical causes.

Next I encourage you to read the multi-page article on the subject found at the link below (copy and paste into your internet browser). Here you will find treatment options and other valuable information.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/435884-overview

One of the treatments of choice is to work in cooperation with your partner. Being that you don't have a partner you may want to inform your next partner that you have this issue and see if she would be willing to work together with you on it. Off course this would risk a loss of interest on her part but maybe should would be agreeable as a gesture of love. Call me old fashioned but I think love and commitment are great precursors to sexual relations anyway.

Yes there is hope!

Best of luck to you.
Sincerely,
Mark Manley

Please click on 'accept' and let me know if you have additional questions