Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.
56283723

My daughter is hearing people talking and stange sounds and

Customer Question

My daughter is hearing people talking and stange sounds and has ask my to call the police thinking somone is outside, however there is knowone. This has ben going om for a while. she is 27 year old and has just broken up with a boyfriend from about 3 years. She dosent have insurance but we need help its getting bad please .
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 4 years ago.
Is she taking any medications?

Is she using drugs or alcohol?

Is there any history of mental illness in the family?

Does your daughter have children?

Looking for ward to your reply.

Mark Manley
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no children no metal illness no drugs that we know of some over the counter sleep med

Sounds like she is experiencing paranoid ideation or paranoid delusions. This can be a result of a mental disorder or a transient symptom of over stress. How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
about two weeks
She needs to be seen by a psychiatrist. I know she does not have insurance. Are there any funds available it would probably be around $140 for the visit and additional for medication?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks .
Do you have a psychiatrist in mind? Let the office know you are paying cash and ask them if they can discount the fee for cash. Shop around on the phone if you like. It has to be a psychiatrist or other medical doctor that is comfortable prescribing psychotropic medication.

Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Sincerely,
Mark Manley