Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.
56283723

I graduated High School in 2006 and have been in college since

I graduated High School in 2006 and have been in college since then. I've been doing so poorly and am so discouraged. I would like to get into Pharmacy School but with my grades and GPA I don't see it happening. I see people I graduated with pass me and I feel like such a loser. I know what I have to do but it's just so difficult. I'm supposed to get married this coming May but with all this stress I'm now having cold feet. Im going crazy!!
23 yr old female
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 2 years ago.
I wanted to be a medical doctor at one point but I had to admit that I wasn't suited for that. I had great difficulty with math. I still think I would have enjoyed many things about being a physician but I don't regret going in a direction that was more in line with my aptitudes and talents. Many of my clients over the years have said that I had a gift for helping them that they never experienced before. I believe God gives each of his creatures a certain potential. Our job is to find that potential inside ourselves and reach it. You may not be cut out for pharmacy school. It's OK to find what is best for you instead of trying to make yourself something you were not meant to be. As far as being a looser: I think a looser is someone who doesn't try and/or someone who keeps trying at the wrong things just to fulfill someone else's expectations. If you are a looser so am I. I love being a looser! I lost my fantasy and found the reality that is right for me.

As for marriage keep that a separate issue. Lumping the two items together will only confuse you more.

It is not easy to be 23 there are a lot of things to find out about yourself and a lot of decisions to make.

Be patient and be open.

You will find YOUR way.

Best of success to you.

Sincerely.,
Mark the looser Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.