Dr John B
Dr John B, Psychologist
Experience:  PhD in Clinical Psychology, registered clinical psychologist.
40845682

My mom is getting something like terruts syndrome. She is

Customer Question

My mom is getting something like terruts syndrome. She is being absolutely stupid. She hit her head about two weeks ago and now she is not making any sense with what she says. She was just grooming a dog, and the dog licked her face and his like pee pee was sticking out really bad. I don't know if she can even handle dogs anymore because she is showing signs of severe problems. Like if she can't handle herself she shouldn't be grooming dogs at all let alone a dog with a gland problem on his private parts or what not. She is being just plain stupid. I don't know what is wrong with her. She looked at the dog and said kissy too. She is retarted. Help me because I don't know what the hell she is doing. She needs to kind of respect the dogs space and not say kissy to it as well because she shouldn't anything besides her job because it is too much for her. Like she is completely disruptive and was talking to imaginary people.. She is causing problems. Her underwear is sticking out all of the time. She admits she is loosing it. The weird part of today.. is that she said kissy and the dog licked her face. That is not appropriate. She is not reading herself right. Usually she doesn't act out like that and she is just fine. She just needs to fix herself. What do I do? She is going literally insane. She hit her head really hard on dog steps that she fell onto. She collapsed and I saw her get all confused. Like I actually saw it happen, she looked like she couldn't even understand words when I was talking to her. I gave her an ice pack right away. I am really worried about her. The dog molesting her face was just horrible, Idk that is not right.

She was setting up an appointment for me to get my car inspected and it's not due till next year.  She did that after I told her that it isn't due and she argued with me that it was.

She started arguing with me and I am not sure what about but she said a lot of things that made no sense.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr John B replied 2 years ago.

I a very sorry to hear of the situation. I don't wish to alarm you but if your mother sustained a blow to the head and your are now noticing changes in her behavior she needs to be taken to hospital immediately. Changes to speech, thinking, personality or behavior can all be signs of head trauma and it is imperative that she be assessed by a doctor immediately. She should not be driving a car (given potential head trauma) and so you or another family member will need to take her there. Are you able to take her to hospital straight away?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh she will not let me go to the hospital. Right now she said her knee hurts... and that is where she hit her head. Everything on her side of her body is giving out, so she is going to talk to her therapist at her work. She said it's starting to piss her off. My mother is a very mean woman and she does not accept anything I try to do for her healthwise. I am concerned.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She makes some sense but she sounds pretty bad.
Expert:  Dr John B replied 2 years ago.
Does she have a personal or family doctor? If so, call them and explain the situation so that they can convince her to go to hospital or at least see her doctor. Do you have any family members that may be able to help you with this? Is there anyone she is likely to listen to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can call my family doctor tomorrow. That is about all I can do. She refuses any help, and wants to seek her therapist.
Expert:  Dr John B replied 2 years ago.

If there is no other way to get her to hospital now then that may be your best option. Do you have any other questions or is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Um, is that natural for a dog to lick at someone like that? I never saw that before. At one point in time I wanted to be a vet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
eh I just think she needs a good shower. Should I look out for anything unusual?
Expert:  Dr John B replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately my area of expertise is mental health so I really can't comment on animal behavior. I believe JustAnswer has a pet category so it may be better to post questions about the dog in that category.

If she has sustained a head trauma then you need to be aware that her thinking may be disturbed. So, if possible try to keep her out of any situation where she may cause harm to herself or others. For example, keep her away from cars, machinery, power tools, gas stoves, medications, alcohol, etc - anything that may be a problem if she becomes confused or forgets what she is doing. Would you consider calling an ambulance? If she has a head injury as is showing signs of compromised functioning then it would be considered a medical emergency.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what compromised functioning is. She hit her head but it was about two weeks ago and she has been abnormal ever since.
Expert:  Dr John B replied 2 years ago.
Compromised functioning is another way of saying 'behaving in an abnormal way'. Would you consider calling an ambulance or at least speaking to a medical emergency/information service?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Um, she is moving her body okay just messing some words up, she doesn't know her words and does things at the wrong time sometimes.
Expert:  Dr John B replied 2 years ago.

From your description it sounds like she is behaving in an abnormal way and I recommend you either take her to the hospital, speak to her doctor or call a medical emergency line and discuss th possibility of getting an ambulance to pick her up. Is there a medical emergency number/service in your area?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh so I could call them and tell them what happened and would they do anything? Or would they just do nothing and be mean to me?
Expert:  Dr John B replied 2 years ago.
You should definitely call them. A head trauma followed by abnormal behavior is a valid reason to speak to a medical emergency number. they will advise you how to best get an assessment done quickly. I would hope they would be professional and be polite!
Dr John B, Psychologist
Experience: PhD in Clinical Psychology, registered clinical psychologist.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh okay. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr John B replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome. Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My mom needed toilet paper. She asked me for toilet paper. I told her I have toilet paper, but you may take the toilet paper that is on the roll. Reason being and I told her is that my period blood is all over the other toilet paper that I had accidently spilled onto, on top of my toilet and I was to use that roll for my period needs. This is what this f**ked up woman does... She f**king grabs my toilet paper with period blood all over it, took it into her bathroom and used to it wipe the shit off of her ass. I can't handle her anymore. She needs to be put into a mental hospital. She also was pounding on my door and refused to leave me a lone this one time I was trying to massage my vagina from vaginal spasms. I ready to call 911 on her. She wouldn't walk away from my room that day. She proceeded to try to open the door and kept talking and talking instead of leaving me in privacy as I told her about 4 or 5 times to go away.

Expert:  MsChase-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I am Chase with customer support from JustAnswer. Can you go to your account settings and input your correct email address or send us an email at info@justanswer.com and give us your email address (refer to your username, Customer). Thank you