Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.

Hello. My sister suffers a mental illness paranoia (diagnosis

Hello. My sister suffers a mental illness paranoia (diagnosis of the psychiatrist). She thinks that someone is stalking her and she moves from one city to another. She does not say the address where I could come and get her. Please tell me what to do, where I need to go for help, how to get it under control. Our mother (89 years) living with me and my sister is 41 years old.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 2 years ago.
Beyond what you were told by the legal expert there is nothing else you can do but get in a car and find her, try to get her to get in the car and then persuade her to take her medication. It is very very difficult to force a person to consistently take their needed medication when they truly believe they are not ill. From your sister's perspective the problem is 'they' are after her and that is the only thing that is wrong.

I am sorry you can't save her. You may benefit from preprocessing this loss and your powerlessness in therapy. You may want to seek some individual counseling to assist you with this loss.

So sorry I can't give you any hope regarding your sister.

Sincerely,
Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.
Have I helped you sufficiently? Please let me know. Thanks for using JustAnswer. And thanks for making sure I get compensated for my time and expertise by clicking on 'Accept'.
Sincerely,
Mark Manley