Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.

Is making jokes at others expense a sign of PTSD? Joking around

Is making jokes at others expense a sign of PTSD? Joking around and not answering a question...a smart answer. he has us believing him some times.

He thinks he is teaching step children with shame, guilt statements. Why did you do....?

He has anger in his voice when he tries to teach a 9 year old boy....he seems one up on me grandson. The grandson has reading problem...reading at 1 st grade level and he's in th
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 4 years ago.
It sounds like you all are in a very difficult place. He sounds angry and abusive. Not enough food for everyone to be full. Since you live in the US you might want to call social services in your area to get some help for the kids. They can send a social worker who can help get more food into the house and help the parents do a better job parenting. Emotional abuse and physical neglect of the children or any seniors living in the home is not OK and needs to be addressed with assistance.

If you don't know how to contact the social services in your area give me the name of your county and state and I will get the contact information for you.

If he is a vet and it sounds like he is, he can get help through the Veterans Administration.

Let me know if you need assistance.

Mark Manley
Have I helped you sufficiently? Please let me know. Thanks for using JustAnswer. And thanks for making sure I get compensated for my time and expertise by clicking on 'Accept'.
Mark Manley