MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
45841547

I had a full month with no anxiety attacks. Moved during that

I had a full month with no anxiety attacks. Moved during that time and there are changes at the office. This morning I had a small medical procedure done. Yesterday afternnon I suffered from anxiety. This morning at 1 a.m. I woke up with horrible anxiety. By 7 I was throwing up bile and feeling terrrible. I took a 1 mg Ativan and 10 mg. Busbar and did go to the doctors and was fine. My daughter picked me up later and I had two anxiety attacks while running errands with her. I took a second Ativan (about 4 hours after the first) and feel ok now, but I don't have an appetite and am worried about another one coming. I am proud of myself because I usually find an excuse and stay home with the anxiety as high as it was, but I muddled through it even though I was scared and wanted to cry. Any suggestions for "muddling through a high anxiety attack"
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
The best thing is to treat you anxiety/panic so that you don't have any more. For as miserable as this is, it's very easily treated. Has you doctor not prescribed you anything to prevent the severe anxiety/panic from emerging?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Remeron and 40 mg Prozac
What did these do for you? Also, are you still taking either of them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been taking them since April every day. Both of them at night

Typically people respond to Prozac for panic prevention to the degree that it is dosed. If you haven't been on more than 40mg of it, you may need more than 40mg of it.

That said, it is also possible that it may just not work as well for you as an alternative, such as Zoloft or Paxil (these are in the same chemical class as Prozac, but tend to help more with anxiety than Prozac).
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience: Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.