Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.

walk me through why I am worthy. I had a horrible day and

walk me through why I am worthy. I had a horrible day and week. All co-workers on my team were fighting with me and let me down. My boss took a good 30 minutes this afternoon to bash me when all I did was ask for help. I'm so behind in my work--feeling like a total loser. My son just turned 18 and thinks he makes the rules--ditched school last week, was smoking IN my house last night and still hasn't submitted his Eagle (Boy Scout) application. He took off today to "eat dinner with a friend" but didn't tell me till I got home and started texting him. So disrespectful--Ive got a million appointments/chores to do this weekend, So overwhelmed I'm not functioning..Uhgh.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 4 years ago.
A Scout is Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient .......
Sorry to be negative but I don't think your son is Eagle material right now. Since he is18 you may need to let him have his way about the application. Yes he will regret not getting his Eagle Rank but he will also not value it if it is awarded to him when he know he is not living the Scout Law. Also you may need to lighten your load by inviting you son to go live the life of his choice somewhere else.

Work is over till Monday let it go until then.

You are worthy because you are. You must treat yourself as if you are. When you do you are acting in harmony with the truth and your worthiness becomes more apparent to you.

You can only do so much in a day. Watch out for overdoing in other's lives and not leaving enough resources to take care of your self. Of your appointments and chores for this weekend assess which ones would be eliminated or reduced it you weren't care taking others (caretaking means doing for others what they should be doing for themselves.) Make a list and then make a plan to start to eliminate these tasks from your schedule.

How would you act if you were worthy? Now act as if you are and see how things improve.

Best of success to you.

Mark Manley
Eagle Scout