MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.

How can I get help If Im afraid to ask for help?

How can I get help If I'm afraid to ask for help?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
This is a tough problem, for sure.
I could best help you out though, if I had a better sense of what was going on, and what it was for which you are seeking help. Could you tell me more about your situation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think there is something wrong with me....I worry about everything...I'm afraid to leave my home because I get nervous when I'm around people...I'm afraid of strangers talking to me and then when I really to ask for help with whatever I'm to afraid to do that......I hide when someone comes to my door....I screen all my calls....I'm even afraid of talking to my own family...It has affected my schooling because I was to afraid to seek help from my Professors....I've tried to reach out to them but my heart starts pounding so fast, I start feeling nervous and shaky; so I don't.... so now the school has withdrawn me from school...there are times that I get afraid of talking to my own children...I don't know what to do

Have you ever seen a psychiatrist? It sounds like you have pretty severe anxiety and/or panic. Both of these are very treatable.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no...I can't afford it...and even if I could afford it I would be to afraid to go anyways...I would have to go with my husband so I would be somewhat ok but that would be out of the question because he says im fine...and it is all in my head to stop thinking that I have resorted to eating...which now that has affected my weight

How about seeing a psychotherapist?
How about "seeing" a psychiatrist online, via video conferencing software? It's known as telepsychiatry. Would you be willing to do this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

video conferencing? Is that like using a webcam? I don't know about heart is starting to pound...I'm starting to freak out...what the heck is wrong with me

It's like using a web cam or a camera built into your computer - if it has one. A lot of laptops have one. This sounds like panic. If it is, it won't go way without treatment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How much is the treatment? How do I go about doing this?

Treatment costs vary. The one place that I know of is: