Suzanne
Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.
32195369

Should I move back in with my wife after being seperated for

Customer Question

Should I move back in with my wife after being seperated for 4 months? She will not sit down and talk with me about our problems or work on the marriage. I feel that if I am in the house she would have to talk and maybe see how things can change.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Suzanne replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for bringing your question to JustAnswer.

Most therapists would agree that the best way to work on a marriage is to be in the marriage, living together. Living apart does nothing to build the skills needed to improve communication between the two of you. It would help clarify the issues if you would consider marriage counseling together. Here's a directory of therapists: http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php

In the meantime, both of you would benefit from reading How
To Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About It.
It explains the differences in needs between men and women in relationship, and will increase your understanding of each other as you attempt to repair your marriage.

Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience: LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have read dozens of books and watched countless videos on saving a marriage. My wife viewed one that I asked her to with no results. Reading another book is not going to help. I want to know if moving back into our house will increase the possibility that she will try to work on the marriage or will it only make things worst.
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 5 years ago.
thank you for your post. What prompted you to leave? What problems in the marriage do you feel you will resolve if you return to her? Is she willing to have you return? After your response, I will have some suggestions for you.