Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
19260254

WHY DO I ALWAYS DREAM OF PEOPLE I KNOW WHO ARE DEAD? SOMETIME

WHY DO I ALWAYS DREAM OF PEOPLE I KNOW WHO ARE DEAD? SOMETIME IT IS DEAD AND LIVING. HELP ME
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.

Are these individuals someone you personally knew or media personas? What interactions/conversations do you recall take place during these dreams?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THEY ARE PEOPLE I KNOW OR HAVE KNOWN,IT IS ALWAYS MIXED UP THE DREAM I MEAN.IN THE SAME DREAM SOME ARE ALIVE AND SOME ARE DEAD.IN MY DREAM IT IS LIKE I AM TORN BETWEEN THE DEAD AND THE LIVING.ACTUALLY VERBAL PARTS I REALLY DO NOT RECALL BUT IT LIKE WE ARE AT ODDS WITH EACH OTHER.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for clarifying.

During sleep, your subconscious mind is open to information that otherwise may be ignored or volitionally suppressed when you're awake. Many individuals are able while dreaming to establish contact with those who have crossed over. The After Death Research Foundation studies this phenomenon and often the communication exchanged b/w living and departed ones is through images rather than verbally.

The departed individuals may be trying to show you that life continues after the departure of the physical body and that there is a think line between those who are here and those who are "there". Hence, you observe both living and departed ones interacting or at least occupying the same space in your dreams.

These dreams may be also manifesting if you're on some level anxious or fearful about physical death and your dreaming Higher Self is showing you that life is ongoing even if it is in a different space/form. It would also be interesting for you to notice the times when these dreams occur and what thoughts or activities you may have encountered during the day while awake. These can also trigger such dreams as a way of the mind to resolve an issue, deal with anxiety, fear or grief. You may be able to be in more control during these dreams through lucid dreaming. That can take place as you give yourself mental suggestions as you're falling asleep that you're going to be in control and able to get the most of the dream and the interactions therein.

Just as individuals can be at odds with one another in different situations, the same applies to other dimensions because people carry with them their belief, feelings and persuasions. Try to also notice if you dream of departed individuals who you were close to during times when you need extra support and protection.