Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.

ASK SUZANNE, I just think about my life and feel so down.

ASK SUZANNE, I just think about my life and feel so down. I think that I didn't marry well. All of Anthony's brothers are successful. Anthony is not. All of Anthony's brothers have sex with their wives. Anthony doesn't have sex with me. I just feel like I didn't marry well. Now I have a kid and baggage. I really regret having Aiden. I feel like it will be that much harder for me to leave because I have a son. I'm just so unhappy. I feel like my life is boring and routine and that we just go through the motions of things. Any advice on how I can feel better? Thanks, Jen
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jen, good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear that things haven't gotten any better. The last time you wrote, you were going to devote all your time and attention to your husband and baby. How did that go?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i've been good to Anthony. I haven't been complaining and we have been getting along ok. I'm doing a better job taking care of the baby too. Last night i gave him a bath all by myself. i just feel so down sometimes and i feel really disappointed with my life. I just wish I was happy and looked at the good things I have instead of always focusing on the things that I don't have.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

There is a self-help method of working on your issues that should help with this. It's called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). It's based on the principles of acupuncture, but doesn't require any needles.

To learn the basic technique, watch this video:

And here is one specifically about how to be happier:

Here's one to set yourself up for a good day:

And here's one for better sleep:

This is a very simple technique, but it has helped a lot of people find peace and happiness in their lives. I hope you like it.