Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice

Is it normal for a spuse after confronted with an affair to

Is it normal for a spuse after confronted with an affair to say she needs to decide who she wants to be with??
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 2 years ago.

Dr.Kappler :

Yes that is a very normal reaction when someone has been cheated on and is angry, confused and hurt.

Customer:

I am the one who has beeen cheated on, she is deciding whether she wants to recocile with me or be with him...

Dr.Kappler :

That is too bad. You need to set some limits with er about how long she will take making up her mind

Customer:

It's been almost a week, what is normal? When I ask her she says I'm pressuring her...she still has contact with the other guy

Dr.Kappler :

You are just starting but it will go on unless you force her to d3ecide swo that you can get on with your life.

Customer:

I know, she hasnt been able to meet me because she says she will just start crying. We are supposed to meet tomorrow

Customer:

I feel like a chump for still loving her and wanting to reconcile

Dr.Kappler :

You are letting her make the decision when you newed to see what this relationship is trying to teach you

Customer:

I know I need to change some things, but I feel like she is trying to put the whole blame of this on me

Dr.Kappler :

That is a cheap trick. You might listen to what she has to say and think if you need to change. There was a french whore who said that she would be out of business if the wives of her suiter treated their husbands right.

Customer:

hahaha, good one!! Any more advise for my meeting with her tomorrow??

Dr.Kappler :

Be honest. Be straight forward. Don't let her make the decisions and set some boundaries with her.

Dr.Kappler :

In other words take control of your life

Customer:

Thanks doc, it hard when I still love her and dont want to lose her

Customer:

but youre right

Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience: 25 years in private practice