MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
45841547

I have just discovered that my husband is using my hormone

I have just discovered that my husband is using my hormone cream (oestrogen and progesterone) He has also been exploring sites for shemales. I don't know whether to confront him with this because I shouldn't have been snooping, but I am really upset about this and I don't know what to do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
I could best help you if I had some more information.
How did you find this out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Icouldn't remember the name of a site I was looking for so I went into histories and discovered all these porn sites. Iwasn't particularly concerned until I found lots of sites for shemales. There was also a site for people coming out and then when I was collecting washing I found not only the jars of cream but also my packet of premarin tablets which i had stopped taking because of the health risks. More than half of the tablets are gone. He's also removing a lot of body hair with hair remover
I see.
I'm sorry you are having to deal with all this.
If that's all you were doing, it doesn't sound a whole lot like snooping. A lot of wives would be extremely upset - understandably - at finding any porn website evidence on a computer that's also used by their husband.
I don't know your husband, but you deserve to know what in the world is going on with him.
What do you think will happen if you confront him?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He would probably get angry and accuse me of snooping at his private stuff...but if he is having gender issues I need to know. What he's doing if he is using this hormone stuff is dangerous and I'll support him if he is but I just don't know how to bring this up...an affair would be so much easier!
Maybe the best thing is for you to meet with a therapist so you can process all your thoughts and feelings surrounding this. I will also open this question up to other experts so we can see what they have to say.