MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.

Hello, I am taking 30mg of Remeron and 1mg of Lorazepam. Is it ok to take L-Theanine whi

Hello, I am taking 30mg of Remeron and 1mg of Lorazepam. Is it ok to take
L-Theanine while on this medication? If it is how many mgs should I take? Thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
I would not recommend taking any theanine along with your lorazepam, as there can be an interaction between the two that could slow down your reaction time and possibly lead to an accident while driving or your being less able to catch yourself if you started to fall.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What other product do you reccomend for my feeling of unreality?
Without having assessed you face-to-face, I cannot determine that. There are numerous causes of people feeling "unreal" at times; such an evaluation is just beyond the scope of an online exchange such as JustAnswer. This is something best discussed with a psychiatrist as part of a comprehensive assessment.