Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice

I have been feeling not myself for the last 4 month after I

I have been feeling not myself for the last 4 month after I came back from a trip to my country and visited my parents. I keep asking myself questions when I am going to go back to my old personality; I am not satisfied with anything I am doing now. I keep feeling that if I am in my older personality, I will deal with situation differently. I don’t feel smart as I was, neither I feel that guy who used to always laugh, joke, talk about people, bitch about everything, I don’t feel that I have a strong opinion and attitude like I always was about anything . I am really tired of this feeling, I feel like my head heart I just need to stop thinking about myself and live my life. What is going on with me I don’t feel as sharp as I was and keep forgetting things. Please help me
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer! So your symptoms are not being satisfied with anything you are doing, not feeling as intelligent as you were, more forgetful, have lost your sense of humor, more withdrawn, more dissatisfied and not as opiniated or outspoken. Something must have happened when you visited your parents. Could it be that seeing them made you feel older and more dissatisfied with your life? Is it a fear of being more and more like them? If not then it sounds like you are depressed.Here are some assessment tools to help you determine if that is the case:

If you don't want to see a therapist here are some support groups that might help:

You need to find out what has changed and how to get back to your old self.