Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

my brother thinks people can see him naked when hes in public

Customer Question

my brother thinks people can see him naked when he's in public and says strangr things sometimes like people can't see him,or he can't see me sometimes. what is wrong with him? is it too lat to fix him?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 4 years ago.

Hi! You know, to give you the best answer, I think I should ask you a few questions first that will help define the problem and the situation.

What is your assessment: are these delusions or is he seeking attention?

If they are delusions, does he believe them to be real? Or does he know they're not but there's a part of him that can't shake the worry that maybe these things are happening?

Does he have auditory hallucinations? Meaning, is he hearing voices telling him these or other things?

Has he ever been diagnosed with any mental health problems?

Is he getting any treatment right now? If so, what type? How is it going?

If not, when was the last treatment? What type of treatment was it? Was it helpful?

Any extra information that will help, feel free to share.

Please go ahead and post your response. I'm going to be going into therapy sessions in my office soon, so if I can't answer before that, would later today be okay for me to respond?

Dr. Mark