Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

13 year old, female, a & b grades, in November of this year,

Customer Question

13 year old, female, a & b grades, in November of this year, her speech blurred, she doesn't remember, her hand is feeling numb. CT Scan and MRI done in the emergency room. They stated they didn't find anything. Was referred to a psych. But am having a very difficult time try to get an appointment. Please help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 4 years ago.

Hi! You know, to give you the best answer, I think I should ask you a few questions first that will help define the problem and the situation.

Has there been any other neurological testing with a neurologist?

Does she have a pediatrician who's overseeing all the testing on her? It certainly seems like a psychological cause was placed on this very quickly. What does her doctor say?

Assuming it IS psychological, what was happening in her life during this time period in the fall that may have contributed to such a psychological reaction?

What type of help are you specifically seeking?

Has she ever been diagnosed with any mental health problems?

Is she getting any treatment right now? If so, what type? How is it going?

If not, when was the last treatment? What type of treatment was it? Was it helpful?

Any extra information that will help, feel free to share.

Please go ahead and post your response. I'm going to be going into therapy sessions in my office soon, so if I can't answer before that, would later today be okay for me to respond?

Dr. Mark