Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

ADMIN ONLY CS130

Customer Question

ADMIN  ONLY  

i belive im an aspi. but i have no way of clarifying it im 20 years old from west yorkshire and am sort of going through what i would call a self diagnosis of aspergers. i am not going to be refered to a doctor i was told today i ts because they cant afford to put me through the nhs ( resources same thing anyway) i feel now i have conquered aspergers and im moving on strongly and faster then ever before wife my life its a great feeling and finally have like i have what i want to say to the world. my dreams are back from when i was in high school and i have an aim! a goal a desire. the passion runs through me ever since i googled for the fiftyth time " symptoms to do with bullying at school ". ive never maid a friend my self until high school and there i dont know if i was with fellow aspi suffers or what as they may not know they have it or it may not be a problem with them or me and im just being a parranoid stoner. i have no proof for either. all i know is each day if i write down my thoughts i start having more to do and less time in my day the hours fly by with each different exciting activity. i warn you i have just gone from the previous page and on to the 2nd stage of the website as your opening page does not let you answer any questions. to improve the speed of how quickly your doctors can assess each patient online. efficitoncy is everything. i am rambling yes and i am being my self also. Now back to me ... lol. i tend to think more in pictures then. I have more to say but dont think theres space lol....
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 2 years ago.
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear Nelly,

You sound like a very vibrant and healthy 20 year old young woman with hopes and aspirations just like your peers.j

You called yourself a stoner. Does this mean that you like to smoke week or hash? If so, that might explain your impression that you are an aspi. Since it is self-diagnosed and self-treated, I wouldn't give it that much credibility. You sound quite functional to me.

The bit of paranoia that you sometimes experience may be due to your occasional use or exposure to cannabis in one form or the other.

I would not worry.

If you do experience any suicidal thoughts, remember that your life is a precious gift. It is not renewable and is all that we really ever own in this world. Everyone sinks to the depths of despair sometimes, and it is our duty to overcome our suffering and get through to the other side of our depression.

There IS another side, and there is happiness and fulfillment somewhere down the road. It is made all the more sweet by going through the pains of life to get there.

You will destroy not only your life when you do this, but will destroy others who care about you. When someone your age dies for any reason it is a tragedy. If they die by their own hand, then it is an act that destroys others' lives forever. You don't seem like that kind of a person, although we all suffer sometimes.

You must be brave and keep suffering. You can get help to help you ease the pain, with both medication and talk therapy. Taking your own life is the ultimate failure, and the mark of a person with little courage or strength. A short life blotted out by suicide is not the way to go. You must find a reason and a way to move ahead with your life.

We at JustAnswer truly care about you and ask you with all our hearts to save your life and find the help to move yourself forward in life. Don't throw away this gift. Keep on your upbeat course and don't worry so much.

Caring regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC