Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My 31 year old friend was just dxd with triple negative breast

Customer Question

My 31 year old friend was just dxd with triple negative breast cancer....its extremely aggressive and the prognosis isnt looking good. She has three small children under 5. a couple of years ago...way before this happened....she told me how terrified she always was of dying.....she couldnt even speak about it....
She is looking to me for support as she now confronts the ultimate question....she isnt religious, and she's terrified....other than recommend she see a therapist (which she agrees to) how can i help her?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to hear that your friend is in such a tough place. You certainly have a rough road to go down with her if you choose to. If you will give me some more information I can be of better assistance.
Are you a person of faith? If so, can you tell me more about this aspect of your life.

Thanks.
Mark Manley