Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Diploma of Counselling and Transactional Analysis Counselling, Lifeline counselling, Pastoral Care.
44579284

I am having the same dreams that I have had from childhood,

I am having the same dreams that I have had from childhood, they are very scarry, most of the time they are about evil and the evilone who trys to seperate us from God in my dreams I have control over him in the light. Which Jesus christ is the light of the world, when i wake up i am very scared an feel very bad. I wake my husband up screaming, he tries to calm me down. I allways pray for comfort and and many other things. I had a very bad childhood, i was abused in several different ways, Do you think that my child abuses has any thing to do with my dreams. What kind of help are there for my situation.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Karyn Jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX Christian therapist) thank you for bringing your concerns to Just Answer...by way of this very stressful and unpleasant situation and painful circumstances in your life..and I truly' feel for you in this.You have had an extremely painful journey..
The wonderful and very 'special ' thing here is that in these fearful dreams..Jesus is right' there with you' ..when you sit in the darkness, Jesus will be with you'. Micah 7:8b
Not only does He know all of our fears but He also helps and guides us through those dark times in our lives..He is the light' of the world and he will 'never' leave you or forsake you'Heb 13:5..never!
These horrible dreams are letting you know that the trauma of the unpleasant events of the abuse you suffered needs exploring more in depth to allow for healing to take place..
Jesus, wants you to live fullness' and quality of life...and finding professional help via a trained cbt therapist is a very good step forward...( cbt is a therapist who practices in Cognitive behavioral therapy)...
A cbt therapist who has had experience with those who have endured such abuse is the one that can help..You may find that you feel more comfortable with female..though, of course it would really depend on your background..The relationship you have with your therapist will be a very' important one..She will need to be caring, kind, gentle and patient with you..This will help to in store trust within your working relationship..and will take time to establish..
I suspect sadly that you are most likely also having to endure ptsd symptoms..Post traumatic stress disorder symptoms..
These may be many or few...but symptoms may include..depression, fear, panic attacks, anxiety, nervousness, flash backs, distrust, guilt, feelings of shame, nightmares,sadness, tension, disassociation, intimacy issues..and more..
I have posted a site below for you to help you in this..and also a site to help you locate a therapist in your location..
Please know that I know that this will not be easy for you..in fact it will be darn hard..but!, I am sure this is why the Lord has sent me along to answer your cry for help..as this I believe is often how He works..What a wonderful God...
Please! take very' good 'self' care now..you will find as you work through therapy..these nightmares/dreams will gradually cease ..but it will take time so please don't hurry yourself...My thoughts and prayers will be with you...
Please 'accept' my response if it has helped as it also contributes much by way of keeping this very valuable service going for others alike in the future..
God bless and may He give you His peace always..
Kind thoughts
Karyn J (ChClinicalPrfDipCoBmin)

http://helpguide.org/mental/post_traumatic_stress_disorder_symptoms_treatment.htm

http://www.cbt-therapists.com/.......( to help you locate a cbt therapist near you)

.http://www.sexualabuse.co.nz/child.htm# XXXXX(more information re;effects of )abuse/support

http://www.psychotherapist.net/adultsurvivors.html..........impact upon daily life)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Before I go any further could you give a more details on how long this process would take, and how expensive it could be our Ins. only pays half for a therapists.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is the $29.00 all that is required in this question?

Hello, please forgive my late response...but its has much to do with world time difference I'm afraid, and so unfortunately have no control over that.. my sincere apologies..and thank you for your reply..
Cbt therapy in treatment of those like yourself who have endured such trauma is the quickest form of therapy available today...
How many sessions really depends on how each one goes and progress made..
It may take ( if attended regularly ) one a week for 12 weeks or you may take 2 a week initially, and feel better in yourself (re: dreams, nightmares.)symptoms in just 8 weeks..Its very individual.
Many cbt therapist have a scale or sliding fee today ( if you are on a tight budget) and so the scale can be discussed prior to consultation over the phone..
Fees per a 5o minute session can range from between $ 45 ( lower end) - $120 upper end..
But, as I say it would be well worth discussing this with the therapist prior to making an appointment, and at the same time ask her if she takes your insurance?...But,!! believe me it would be well worth investing in this..and will help you tremendously. with this..
In relations to your last query about the cost of of asking your question on Just Answer..there is only one fee of $29.00 once accepted and no other costs so please feel at ease about this..
Take very good care now..
May God bless you and keep you in His peace..
Karyn J
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Diploma of Counselling and Transactional Analysis Counselling, Lifeline counselling, Pastoral Care.