Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field
59700337

I am new to the area and have been on the same regiment of

Customer Question

I am new to the area and have been on the same regiment of medication for the past
7 years. I saw a new Primary care provider that refused to RX my ritalin, I leave my hous for work at 6am and return about 6pm. I have been off my ritalin for about 10 days and I am going crazy, he put me on wellbutrin 300, zoloft 100 and xanax 1 3 times a day. I am a midlevel healthcare provide and I am having a very dificult time focus and centratingr, and I can't be taking xanax at all while i'm working. Not sure what to do.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Penny Rayas, MFT replied 2 years ago.
Hello there, thanks for asking JA. Have you been diagnosed with ADD? If you have been on ritalin for 7 year you probably have been diagnosed with it in the past. Have you seen a psychiatrist? Call your doctor and tell him that you have a hard time functioning without the ritalin and that you would like him to prescrive ritalin until you see the psychiatrist. If you doctor defuses you have the right to ask for the different doctor. I know some doctors do not believe in medication ADD. They really do not understand ADD. People with ADD are more likely to be become addicted when not on medication. If you were diagnosed with ADD you should be on the medication. Most insurances have psychiatric services. You can call most insurance and self-refer.
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Experience: I have 20 years experience in the mental health field
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the doctor and I had a very heated discussion, he is the only one in the practice, I had to leave my office 3 hours early and I just started 1 nov11 and as you know the offices are only open when I am at work seeing my own patients

yes, add after failing a class in MS program, and lost my last job becasue a different dr wanted to mess with my med regement.

I am sosrry about the ignorance of your doctor. He does not understand ADD. Please look for a psychiatrist even if you have to drive a bit. It is worth it to get the right medications. try the psychology today web and try to find a specialist psychiatrist who spelialises on adult ADD. To much missinformation about the disorder.