psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

Hello, my wife & I have bee out for a meal this evening ultimately

Hello, my wife & I have bee out for a meal this evening ultimately she has issued threat that she doesnt want to be married to me any more(we have been married for 30 years)my parents do not have any contact with our children or grandchidren, she blames me for this our company is doing well but could be better, she blames me for this what sohuld I do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

If she wants to end the marriage you need to decide if this is something that she is certain of or not. Couples counseling is easily accessible and it can prevent a breakup even when it seems hopeless. She knows how certain she is. Of course your hope for this relationship is important too. If she sure she wants this to end. You have to ask her.

As far as blaming you for significant things, why does she do this. She knows what the payoff is to doing that. Is it to feel that she does not make these negative decisions so it is a way to escape blame. Is she angry about something else and projects this onto other things. This is definitely an issue that would have to be addressed in therapy. You can't continue a marriage where you are always to blame. If she isn't willing to address it then it comes down to whether you want everything to be your fault. A marriage has to contain honesty but it can't be hurtful and vindictive.

Ask yourself what you want. Don't take the easy way out. Really evaluate if this is working and whether a marriage counselor would help.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated