Dr John B
Dr John B, Psychologist
Experience:  PhD in Clinical Psychology, registered clinical psychologist.
40845682

I want to know if a person has schizophrenia taking medication,

I want to know if a person has schizophrenia taking medication, does the medication get rid of all the symptoms of schizophrenia?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr John B replied 5 years ago.

The reason you have had trouble finding a specific answer to this question is that unfortunately there is no straight answer as medication has a different effect on different people. Some people with Schizophrenia get an excellent therapeutic effect from their medication regime and live their lives with little to no symptoms. Other people do not respond as well to medication and can have ongoing difficulty with symptoms.

It is worth noting that their a variety of medications that can be used to treat schizophrenia and these can be used in many different combinations. It can often take quite a length of time for a Psychiatrist to establish what medications, what dosages and what combination of medications is most effective for a specific person.

I hope this has been of some help. Please let me know if you have further questions or would like me to clarify any part of my answer.