Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.

My wife has left, she has been talking to her old boyfreind

My wife has left, she has been talking to her old boyfreind (23 years ago, hes a priest) she says we have no chance to recouncile, I will turn the world upside down for her. I acknowledge my behavior wasnt good, but now that I know I can change and make her the Queen she deserves to be. My Q, how can I open her heart to look and maybe come back some day? She told me she wanted to seperate Oct 9 2011 and moved out 3-4 weeks ago. We have 3 kids 20/18/13
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Mark Manley replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry this is sooooooooo painful for you. All you can do is invite her to try a new relationship with you. Only she can open her heart to try. All of your pain can only motivate one person to change, and you know who that person is. You invite, she accepts or declines. You decide how long you wait.

Sorry.

Sincerely,
Mark Manley
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is not an answer, If men can land on the moon and come back, then some one can help me find a way to divert her attention from this priest and come back to the new and improved me.
If you will spend some time studying your question and your reaction to my response you will find what drove her away in the first place. Until you can see and solve this it will keep you from the relationship you want. She is not an object to be manipulated by the right technique, she is a person with her own unique feelings, needs, desires, etc. You didn't adequately respect her person-hood and you still are not. I don't say this to make you angry,but to try to help you get what you want.
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.