mindhealer
mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
6848745

Im worried I have gallbladder disease, and Im an alcoholic

Customer Question

I'm worried I have gallbladder disease, and I'm an alcoholic with panic disorder and ptsd, and more. I need help, but I'm afraid to be honest.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 3 years ago.

mindhealer :

Good evening. I am online and would be happy to help you in any way that I can. Please let me know when you are in the chatroom and we can discuss this further. Thanks for the chance to help

mindhealer :

Good evening and thank you for joining me in the room

mindhealer :

Would you mind very much if I asked a few questions to gain a better understanding about how to help you?

Customer: Please help me. I'm a mess. I'm afraid.
mindhealer, Therapist
Experience: Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
Good evening and welcome to Just Answer. I tried waiting in the chatroom for you but switched to the Q and A format to ensure that I answer your question promptly. First please allow me to say that I am sincerely XXXXX XXXXX hear that you are going through such difficulty. If I may ask...you mentioned that you are afraid to be honest...may I ask what it is you fear?

Also would you mind identifying further the treatments that you have tried in the past as that will help in formulating my suggestions better and more thoroughly. Thank you very much for the opportunity to help you and I look forward to your response.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you kidding? $35 more?????????????????
No sir...please don't accept the answers any further...just answer further questions so that I can help you. Typically answers are accepted at the end once your satisfied with the response. However, I want to make certain that I answer your question thoroughly and completely. If you could provide me with the responses to the additional questions I asked above I would certainly appreciate it that way I can help you further
Please don't click ACCEPT again this way you are only charged once and I can still help to answer all your questions just by us corresponding back and forth. This way you are only charged once.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm afraid because of seeking treatment before. Honesty means doctors want to drug me. Or make me go to AA.
I can sincerely appreciate where you are coming from and understand why you would be concerned, even hesitant to seek out medical attention due to that fact. The bottom line is that no one can force treatment onto you...and that includes starting any medications or going to AA.

The only way that a person can be forcibly undergo treatment and be administered medications against their will if they are involuntarily admitted to a psychiatric unit and are a danger to self and/or others. Furthermore, they can suggest that you go to AA meetings but again the decision is yours.

The one important part is to keep in mind that your fear is keeping you from being evaluated for and treated if needed for gallbladder disease. I would strongly suggest that you take my suggestions into consideration and be sure that you don't let fear or hesitation get in the way of you receiving the medical treatment that you may very well need. Here is a question for you...is it worth it to not go to the doctor, resist the fear and not get treated for your gallbladder or manage the fear (and possible anxiety that you're having) and be seen by a physician to have your medical issues addressed??

The rest is up to you..whether it be taking medications or going to AA. I would strongly urge you to see your physician to ensure there is nothing wrong...and if there is then you can get it treated and addressed. Gall Bladder disease typically is not related to excessive drinking...it's not the best thing that you can do for yourself and will make your recovery longer if you continue to drink...but you will recover.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or require additional clarification on any suggestions I offered you. I want to make sure that you are satisfied with the answer and suggestions I've offered you.

Also please find below a workbook based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy that will help to manage better the fears you experience which I'm assuming are likely stemming from anxiety.

http://www.amazon.com/Cognitive-Behavioral-Workbook-Anxiety-Step/dp/1572245727

Please remember to not click Accept again this way you wont be charged anything additional. However, please feel free to ask anything further so I can be sure to answer you to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for the chance to help!