Mark Manley
Mark Manley, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Over 15 years exp. Married 30 years and happy.

I have been with my husband since 1982 but he has never turned

I have been with my husband since 1982 but he has never turned lose of his x wife because he had two children with her. Both children are in their 40's. I just had gastric bypass and he saw to it that she also had one. The breaking point has been coming because every family gathering includes her. Today I found out his family is having a family reunion and he thinks I'm being unreasonable because I don't thinks it appropriate or showing respect to me for her to attend. I am considering throwing in the towel because after this length of time I should not have to deal with this.
I don't blame you for being upset. Most people in your situation would be. If he can't learn to cherish you and you don't want to put up with this treatment put him on notice and start making preparations to leave him. Apparently he wants two wives but he may end up with none.

So sorry.

Mark Manley